E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Head unit retrofit help - pre LCI-E91

08-22-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
mg0622
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328D Liquid Blue

Head unit retrofit help - pre LCI-E91

Good Morning Everyone,

I need some help with a retrofit on my car, I have a few questions that after a lot of googling I have still been unable to answer. My professional HU display recently decided to stop working so I took it as a good opportunity to upgrade to a newer unit. I purchased a used professional head unit from a 2012 x1, whuch plugged right in with no issues. That unit was equipped with Bluetooth, SiriusXM and USB, and I have been trying to get the USB and bluetooth working.
My car was originally pre-wired for Bluetooth. I purchased a microphone which I plugged in and placed in the overhead console near the map lights. The bluetooth is built into this HU rather than being seperate stand alone units that were needed for the old radio. The microphone does not work, and I can't seem to find anyone else with the same issue. Where does this wiring go, and what can I do to get my mic working?
Additionally, I purchased a USB retrofit adapter and a Aux USB socket which I plugged directly into the back of the head unit. When attempting to use my iPhone with just the USB plugged in (iPhone6) the radio display recognizes the iPod but says the current cable is not supported. When using the Y adapter, it doesn't recognize the iPod and the Y adapter works in another LCI e92 I tested it in. Has anyone seen this before and if so are they any recommendations on how to move forward?

If I need to do any coding that is fine. I have a laptop set up with ncis expert and dummy, and I can interface with the car via INPA. I have not changed any code yet, would updating the manufacture date of the car like I have seen in other threads help here at all? And are there any other recommended changes for this retrofit?

Thanks for all the help, this is my first BMW after many Japanese cars and it has been a ton of fun and very enjoyable to drive, I'd just like to listen to my music and have the phone functionality if it is possible.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Needs coding most likely.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1048129

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687463

You have to do some tricky coding which involves changes the production
date to get the correct software to load.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
mg0622
Rep

Thank you. I read through that thread a few days back regarding the coding for the new gongs and changing the manufacture date. After re-reading I assume I have to change the manufacture date first, as I wasn't able to find the Kombi line item for the gong when practicing with NCS Expert.

I will try and follow the second link and see what happens, thanks for the help!
Appreciate 1
dailowill120.50
      08-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

Make sure you have uptodate daten files

Make sure you have uptodate daten files
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:25 AM   #5
mg0622
Rep

Is there a good location to get the most up to date daten files? I have googled but I don't know what is the newest version. The folder I currently have on my computer is dated 6/1/2013.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 04:27 PM   #6
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

Go to the coding subforum and

Go to the coding subforum and
look for member wildcatcrazy's threads.
Appreciate 0