THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Premium enhanced pkg for 230i coupe

08-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
yalmin2
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i

Premium enhanced pkg for 230i coupe

I'm having hard time deciding whether I should skip the prem enhanced pkg or not.
It certainly includes many "nice to have" add-ons but hard to justify $4300.
Only things that I'm interested are bigger screen and backup camera. I personally don't want sunroof because of the ugly look on my AW colour. Maybe I can get the retrofits with cheaper price? Did you go through the same dilemma and what was your decision?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
qJai
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i Msport Prem RWD MT

Garage List
2017 228i  [0.00]
I went for it. Saves the hassle of retrofit n labor. But then I like having a sunroof. Mainly for the added headroom n tilt function.
TBH I don't regret paying for it. Love all the features from the package. But mines 2016 so not sure if yours is slightly different.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
yalmin2
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qJai View Post
I went for it. Saves the hassle of retrofit n labor. But then I like having a sunroof. Mainly for the added headroom n tilt function.
TBH I don't regret paying for it. Love all the features from the package. But mines 2016 so not sure if yours is slightly different.
I don't think sunroof gives you more headroom. It's actually a couple of inches less with sunroof than without, same goes with electric seats. Not sure if this is still true for 2017 model though.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 09:56 PM   #4
qJai
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2017 228i  [0.00]
not sure tbh, but definitely dont regret getting the navi, large display, memory seats, and parking camera and sensors
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 07:31 AM   #5
Sleslie
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i xDrive

I had the same dilemma and decided to order the enhanced premium package for my 230. I figured I might as well go big. I do wish we could order a la carte instead of just the bundled packages.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 11:33 PM   #6
siwo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i RWD 6MT

Garage List
It's $4750 if you get it with the front + rear PDC. To be honest it's worth it.
My opinions on each individual options:
-Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors - Not that important
-Glass Sunroof - It's a personal opinion but I prefer having a sunroof. Can tilt & get the air flowing through the cabin easier is a nice feature in this car.
-Auto Dimming Interior Mirror - This is not too important either
-Through Loading System - Is a nice to have especially if you ski, or take long drives often with passengers in the back seat to reach for stuff.
-Heated Steering Wheel - Is a nice winter feature.
-Instrument Cluster, extended - I would definitely want this additional info on your dash
-Electric Seats with Driver Memory - Good for multi drivers, or if your car goes to the shop and they adjust the seat while taking it in for service.
-Park Distance Control, Rear - Great feature to have
-Park Distance Control, Front and Rear $450 - This paired with the rear camera gives you full surrounding warnings and also the Park Assist button to manually enable/disable the feature
-Rear View Camera - a must have, for parking and worry about backing up with small children
-BMW On-Board Navigation - a nice feature to know where you are and worth it since it includes the 8.8" screen for more crisp detail and larger space
-BMW ConnectedDrive Services Package - not applicable for me...
2004 Civic Coupe Si(EX) 5MT - Retired
1993 Civic Coupe Si(EX) 5MT - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
yalmin2
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siwo View Post
It's $4750 if you get it with the front + rear PDC. To be honest it's worth it.
My opinions on each individual options:
-Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors - Not that important
-Glass Sunroof - It's a personal opinion but I prefer having a sunroof. Can tilt & get the air flowing through the cabin easier is a nice feature in this car.
-Auto Dimming Interior Mirror - This is not too important either
-Through Loading System - Is a nice to have especially if you ski, or take long drives often with passengers in the back seat to reach for stuff.
-Heated Steering Wheel - Is a nice winter feature.
-Instrument Cluster, extended - I would definitely want this additional info on your dash
-Electric Seats with Driver Memory - Good for multi drivers, or if your car goes to the shop and they adjust the seat while taking it in for service.
-Park Distance Control, Rear - Great feature to have
-Park Distance Control, Front and Rear $450 - This paired with the rear camera gives you full surrounding warnings and also the Park Assist button to manually enable/disable the feature
-Rear View Camera - a must have, for parking and worry about backing up with small children
-BMW On-Board Navigation - a nice feature to know where you are and worth it since it includes the 8.8" screen for more crisp detail and larger space
-BMW ConnectedDrive Services Package - not applicable for me...
Great summary! I ended up opting in for the enhanced pkg. After some research, I figured that they're more than just "nice-to-have". They add safeguards and make driving experience so much better. For me, the most appealing features are rear view camera (safe and worry free), heated steering wheel (I never really wear gloves so great for winter), auto dimming rear mirror (that high beam from behind at night) and through loading (for loading my snowboard).

My order has been allocated in Oct production. It's expected to be delivered by end of Nov. Hopefully I can get it before the snowy season
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 10:57 PM   #8
qJai
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2017 228i  [0.00]
sunroof came clutch during the week of no windows after tint. especially with the recent heat wave.
Appreciate 0