M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

09-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

F10 M5 extended warrenty, SI, SI+ suggestions

Hi All,

I'm planning to keep my MY14 M5 beyond 5 years, and its new car warrenty will be over on Nov 2017, so I went and got a qoute from the dealers for extended warrenties. See attached. M5/M6 is the most expensive, unsuprisingly.

for M5, I was given a qoute of $6399 for 6 years/160Kkm, or $9199 for 7 years/160Kkm extended warrenty. For SI, I was given $1845 for 6yr/160K, and SI+ $9385 for 6yrs which covers break changes in addition to SI.

All prices are in CAD and before taxes

I'm looking for suggestions:
- are these official prices negotiable at all? I feel these are firm as they are BMW corporate products.

- Given I only average around 12000KM a year, (my 2014 M5 only has 29000km on the dail) I feel the SI or SI+ will not be worth it, since I may only change the break onces in the next 3 years?

- would you pay $9000 to get the extended warrenty, or SI+ or both? is it worth it?

- would us F10 M5 owner expect alot of engine issues as the car age into 6 years?

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_EW.SI_Price_Matrices(Oct2014).pdf (293.8 KB, 351 views)
      09-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

For that kind of pricing, I would pay as I go.

There are lots of qualified bimmer shops in the GTA. You can always buy the parts yourself at a discount either from US or Canada and get a shop to do the typical maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Thanks bobblehead, I like the pay as I go idea.

Do you know if the below thread about every 10k oil change for 2014 models applies in Canada?
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868292

or do I need to take this SIB and "school" the dealer service people, in case they are still going with the old CBS reading? will my CBS update automatically to the new schedule?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
For that kind of pricing, I would pay as I go.

There are lots of qualified bimmer shops in the GTA. You can always buy the parts yourself at a discount either from US or Canada and get a shop to do the typical maintenance.