BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Car arrived without Driver Assistant installed

09-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Car arrived without Driver Assistant installed

Last edited by DECVING; 09-30-2016 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Listen to what dealer says.

If it's BMW's fault, demand a new car replacement and settle for a MPE+diffuser or equivalent as compensation.
      09-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Its funny you mention this. At a BMW meet last weekend, I ran into an M2 owner that got his car in June, which was probably one of the first production cars off the line. Same as you, it didn't have the dash buttons for lane departure and pedestrian warning system which is standard equipment here.

In addition, there were some other differences like his mirror / ConnectedDrive camera. In fact, his car looked just like the pre-production car that BMW Canada had on-hand at the meet. When we asked the BMW rep about it, all he could think was that the car was one of the last pre-prod cars that somehow made it onto the retail production line.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #4
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
Its funny you mention this. At a BMW meet last weekend, I ran into an M2 owner that got his car in June, which was probably one of the first production cars off the line. Same as you, it didn't have the dash buttons for lane departure and pedestrian warning system which is standard equipment here.

In addition, there were some other differences like his mirror / ConnectedDrive camera. In fact, his car looked just like the pre-production car that BMW Canada had on-hand at the meet. When we asked the BMW rep about it, all he could think was that the car was one of the last pre-prod cars that somehow made it onto the retail production line.
That most be awfull to receive a pre-prod car