European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

09-30-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Steve Thomas & David

All I hear is great things about these guys and I've tried for a few weeks now to deal with them along with my brother in law.

All we have gotten is extreme unresponsiveness and both of us ended up getting our cars elsewhere. I was the one who referred my brother in law and I haven't gotten any response to emails and voicemails to Kwinn and David.

The sale was in its final stages for my bro-in-law and they had their lexus lease due back. They had to go to their local dealer (where he wound up getting a better deal) to get his 340xi bc David wasn't confirming with them.

I'm not one to put anyone out there like this but its absurd that I get no response from them and both me and my bro-in-law were guaranteed sales that they lost due to lack of communication. I've ordered my 2017 M4 from someone else as well.

I know David and GOLFRR are big on this forum but i've been part of the community since 2008 and I may get flack for this but this has been my experience and I wanna lay it out there.

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 1
M4_GTS1152.50
      10-01-2016, 09:19 AM   #2
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
All I hear is great things about these guys and I've tried for a few weeks now to deal with them along with my brother in law.

All we have gotten is extreme unresponsiveness and both of us ended up getting our cars elsewhere. I was the one who referred my brother in law and I haven't gotten any response to emails and voicemails to Kwinn and David.

The sale was in its final stages for my bro-in-law and they had their lexus lease due back. They had to go to their local dealer (where he wound up getting a better deal) to get his 340xi bc David wasn't confirming with them.

I'm not one to put anyone out there like this but its absurd that I get no response from them and both me and my bro-in-law were guaranteed sales that they lost due to lack of communication. I've ordered my 2017 M4 from someone else as well.

I know David and GOLFRR are big on this forum but i've been part of the community since 2008 and I may get flack for this but this has been my experience and I wanna lay it out there.
Sorry to hear about your experience... Were you trying to acquire pricing, production number, other?

I've had great experience with STBMW, BMWDavid GOLFFRR Currently, i'm on my 8th purchase from them over a few years. David/Jimmy Bach/Jimmy (GOLFFRR) are always great to work with; however, you have to be patient with communication because their volume of inquiries are incredibly high. Personally, David has called me back on his day off and while he was sick at home. Don't rule these guys out for the next one.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10722.50
      10-01-2016, 09:39 AM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

hmmm not sure what happen. I don't recall any PM's from you? If I would have received any PMs from you or anyone regarding the boys and their non responsiveness I would have immediately called the store and them and followed up. If you did send something to me a while ago I know I would have followed up for you like I do for anyone else who request it.

Ill shoot this over to David and Kwinn and find out the situation. Bummer it didn't work out for you.

I can't stress to EVERYONE if you have any issues getting a hold of anyone at our store PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me and ill follow up for you ASAP. Im on here everyday till 6pm and always respond very promptly.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #4
slavearm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5CE MBB/SS

Dealers are weird. I always buy mine at Long Beach, but that is because they always give me the best price with no bs. Might have something to do with I have bought 8 cars there, but nobody ever comes close to their pricing. I got my M4 a month after they came out for 5k under MSRP when everyone else was charging 5-10k above.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

sorry you had a bad experience.
      10-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #6
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Sorry you had a bad experience. I did the best I could but given the customer contacted the dealership to negotiate on the vehicle they were trying to get me acquire without letting me know beforehand, really complicated trying to help them. I explained this to them as well. This was after I helped locate many vehicles beforehand only to find out I had to cancel a request to another center because they changed thier mind last minute about the color. Changing colors or options is totally fine, but not being very flexible with color and options for a 2016 which has long since finished production with the added pressure of their impending lease turn-in made it extremely difficult to make them happy. I have accommodated many customers in the same scenario. Planning a little further ahead before lease termination helps tremendously. Sorry again, but I'm happy for them.

Last edited by BMWDavid; 10-01-2016 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
drexplode1763.50
GOLFFRR10722.50
      10-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #7
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
hmmm not sure what happen. I don't recall any PM's from you? If I would have received any PMs from you or anyone regarding the boys and their non responsiveness I would have immediately called the store and them and followed up. If you did send something to me a while ago I know I would have followed up for you like I do for anyone else who request it.

Ill shoot this over to David and Kwinn and find out the situation. Bummer it didn't work out for you.

I can't stress to EVERYONE if you have any issues getting a hold of anyone at our store PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me and ill follow up for you ASAP. Im on here everyday till 6pm and always respond very promptly.
The reason I included your name is because most people including myself find out about David through you so you should know what is going on. Seems like you do as I noticed in your signature now that going through you one might reach David.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDavid View Post
Sorry you had a bad experience. I did the best I could but given the customer contacted the dealership to negotiate on the vehicle they were trying to get me acquire without letting me know beforehand, really complicated trying to help them. I explained this to them as well. This was after I helped locate many vehicles beforehand only to find out I had to cancel a request to another center because they changed thier mind last minute about the color. Changing colors or options is totally fine, but not being very flexible with color and options for a 2016 which has long since finished production with the added pressure of their impending lease turn-in made it extremely difficult to make them happy. I have accommodated many customers in the same scenario. Planning a little further ahead before lease termination helps tremendously. Sorry again, but I'm happy for them.
The issue at hand isn't how the deal was going but the lack of communication. My family was calling me and asking what is going on with you because yes their lease return was due. If they had a solid line of communication they were willing to extend their lease which they ended up having to do anyway.

Regardless this was all a few weeks ago and I still wanted to go through you for my 2017 M4. I sent you an email on September 20th to initiate a sale on a build to which I have never received a response and my family told me to try asking for Kwinn and I left him a voice mail on Monday 9/26 to which I have received no response to date.

I'm glad you are overwhelmed with orders and hopefully in the future others don't have to go through a similar experience.

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #8
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
The reason I included your name is because most people including myself find out about David through you so you should know what is going on. Seems like you do as I noticed in your signature now that going through you one might reach David.

The issue at hand isn't how the deal was going but the lack of communication. My family was calling me and asking what is going on with you because yes their lease return was due. If they had a solid line of communication they were willing to extend their lease which they ended up having to do anyway.
Appreciate the note. It was made clear to me that they wanted to handle the transaction on their own when they contacted the other dealership and started negotiating with them directly. That is totally up to them and fine with me. All I did was respect their wish to let them work with the other center directly. Thanks again and good luck!
      10-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #9
swalsh2333
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive4.0i

Pretty simple. They didn't like the way you negotiated and told you to go somewhere else but not responding. Happens everyday all day. I hate it but that's what you can do when you sell BMW's. It's the car that sells itself...oh wait that's Honda
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #10
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 / F87 M2

To be honest I have had the same exact issue as the OP. When I was speaking with David he made it seem like he was doing me a favor by selling me a car. I didn't even mind that he was trying to sell me a car at full sticker. His unresponsiveness and short answers is what made me buy my M4 from somewhere else. I guess it's good to be busy!