E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Best LED sidelight bulbs??

10-19-2016, 06:45 AM   #1
McPikie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Msport

Best LED sidelight bulbs??

I've got a Pre-LCI E91 and want some white LEDs for the sidelights. I've tried the canbus error ones I had in my E46, but they are throwing errors on this car.

A local lad tried to code them out on Carly, but it doesnt seem to have worked.

Do they need so sort of "terminator" kit?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 10:58 PM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

There are many companies now offering so called error free PRE LCI side lights. Mine are LUX and while they are great in terms of brightness I am loathed to recommend them as the connector was different to that on my car. They told me to bend the pins so it would fit and be fine but it was a no go so I had to cannibalize the wiring from another car. You don't need any special terminators. Sounds like the coding didn't work or the guy didn't know what he was doing. The errors can most definitely be coded out using NCS or similar. Even the bulbs that promise no errors throw out the occasional error which is annoying. You could look toward a brand such as M Tech? There was a product on Bimmian called Weishlit or some German name like that but the light quality is poor on those.

Last edited by Soul_Glo; 10-20-2016 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 0