BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Tracwrap

10-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Tracwrap

Does anyone have experience with Tracwrap? I am taking delivery at the performance center and was thinking about covering the front end for the 8 hour drive home. I didn't want to use the blue painters tape.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Swimfanrick
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr
Does anyone have experience with Tracwrap? I am taking delivery at the performance center and was thinking about covering the front end for the 8 hour drive home. I didn't want to use the blue painters tape.
I picked my car up at the Performance Center and put the Xpel Tracwrap on before leaving the Performance Center. I bought the 12 inch Tracwrap. It was easy to apply (although I had lots of wrinkles but I didn't care since it was just temporary). I held well and did a good job. The 12"x40' roll did whole front cap. (Hood, bumper, front fenders). I used blue painters tape to fill any gaps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-22-2016, 04:41 AM   #3
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimfanrick View Post
I picked my car up at the Performance Center and put the Xpel Tracwrap on before leaving the Performance Center. I bought the 12 inch Tracwrap. It was easy to apply (although I had lots of wrinkles but I didn't care since it was just temporary). I held well and did a good job. The 12"x40' roll did whole front cap. (Hood, bumper, front fenders). I used blue painters tape to fill any gaps.

I like your style #ghetto
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2016, 09:32 AM   #4
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr
I'm probably also going to do PCD, I'm planning on going to Extreme Colors to have my Xpel done before my drive home to Florida. Not sure if that's an option for you. I don't have any skill to wrap or tape myself but didn't want the car exposed for the drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #5
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr View Post
I'm probably also going to do PCD, I'm planning on going to Extreme Colors to have my Xpel done before my drive home to Florida. Not sure if that's an option for you. I don't have any skill to wrap or tape myself but didn't want the car exposed for the drive.
I think myself and a friend who will be at delivery with me will be able to handle the task. I will be taking it straight to the detail shop when I get home and have them remove it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #6
Thespaz18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I've used it to cover the full bumper, partial front fenders, partial rocker panels, partial hood, and full mirrors for a 300 mile trip from OK to TX. Worked beautifully. Easy to install and remove. Purchased the 12" x 100' which was more than enough.
Appreciate 1
D CHOI580.00
      11-05-2016, 05:54 AM   #7
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I used Xpel Tracwrap on my car for a few days prior to permanent Xpel. I suggest it over the similarly named much cheaper product, that one did not hold up to speeds over 40 mph.
Appreciate 0