ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

BMW Navigation Help Please- 2007 Z4 M

Hi,

I need help as I am frustrated as hell.

I purchased my car 1 week ago and they had to order my navigation DVD (2007.2).

I drove to the dealership to pick it up today just before the svc department closed. Plugged it in and thought all was well. I attempted to use it to go home and after making a bunch of random turns, decided something was wrong. I drove back to the dealership, pulled out my Garmin Nuvi 660 and figured out that GPS had me showing up in the wrong place on the map by over 30 miles! I asked the Sales manager and he suggested I drive it around fr a while and it would start to work correctly once my position was triangulated. I drove home and to no avail it still does not work.

Please tell me someone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it?!?!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #2
imagine168
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4 3.0si

Sounds like something is wrong with you Nav system. You should make an appointment with your service and have them fix it.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep

They fixed it and said my antenna connector was bad? Oh well, it works now!
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
rc'Z
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

If you already have a Garmin, why would you want to spend the big $$$ on a factory set up. Was it the factory built in or the BMW Garmin?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep

I had the Garmin Nuvi for business travel. The M Coupe I purchased came with Nav and with the deal I got I am not sure that I did pay for it I got the extended leather the same way...

BTW, If I were to reorder a BMW I would buy the extended leather and skip the navigation (previously I would have skipped both)
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0