F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Dinan Springs + handling pack
proTUNING Freaks

11-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
J_MENIS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i

Dinan Springs + handling pack

Anyone try this? Or know a good set of springs that'll help the car corner while maintaining a close to stock ride
      11-22-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Dinan/ACS springs is probably one of the best mods you can do for your car. It's how it's supposed to handle out of the factory. Car feels more planted, less body roll, and is still comfortable. Cornering feels great as there's less floaty feeling and you can do it faster with confidence.
      11-23-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

ACS are rebranded eibachs at 2 x the price.....

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 12:48 AM   #4
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

If you don't have adaptive suspension (EDC), I recommend replacing the shocks as well. Some ppl have reported it being bouncy on certain road conditions with just the dinan springs.

I got shockware for the EDC too but I do feel bouncy on certain roads and need to switch to comfort mode so my back seat passengers don't get sick

Regarding cornering, it increases the confidence level going into corners and the car has much less body roll but not too rigid that it's uncomfortable

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | ZE0 | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK | MPPK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 12:50 AM   #5
J_MENIS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
If you don't have adaptive suspension (EDC), I recommend replacing the shocks as well. Some ppl have reported it being bouncy on certain road conditions with just the dinan springs.

I got shockware too but I do feel bouncy on certain roads and need to switch to comfort mode so my back seat passengers don't get sick
I don't have the DHP but when I put my car into the car stiffens up. Is that different ?
      11-25-2016, 12:42 AM   #6
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_MENIS View Post
I don't have the DHP but when I put my car into the car stiffens up. Is that different ?
Yeah, you're probably noticing the steering effort increased which is reduction in powered assistance for the steering (chassis). Without DHP you don't have variable shocks in stock form

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | ZE0 | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK | MPPK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
Cammy5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i M Sport 6MT

Just FYI: the springs and the "Ride & Handling Kit" (bump stops) are both discounted 10% on the Dinan site for Black Friday. I just ordered them. I'm shopping around for some deals on the Bilstein B8 struts and shocks I'll be pairing them with.
*M Performance Big Brake Kit
Appreciate 0