ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-08-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Looking For Ashtray/Cig Lighter Part Number

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew the part number or where on RealOEM.com I can find the part number for the cigarette lighter assembly. I know the door, the cig lighter and the panel where the buttons fit in (DTC, heated seats, folding top, etc.) is one unit so I need the part number for this panel piece in black without the buttons. I found a part #2

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...31&hg=51&fg=35

But it list it at 199$ which makes me think it includes buttons which are the expensive part. If anyone knows the part number please post. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
1st_Knight
'Entwicklung 85 - Zukunft4'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 SMG DINAN S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew the part number or where on RealOEM.com I can find the part number for the cigarette lighter assembly. I know the door, the cig lighter and the panel where the buttons fit in (DTC, heated seats, folding top, etc.) is one unit so I need the part number for this panel piece in black without the buttons. I found a part #2

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...31&hg=51&fg=35

But it list it at 199$ which makes me think it includes buttons which are the expensive part. If anyone knows the part number please post. Thanks

Paul,

If you want to replace the piece which contains the cigarette lighter, astray assembly, etc. The part that you are looking at is correct. It is the called the switch module carrier, and is actually about $199.00...

Also, and for your information, the switch module carrier does not contain the switch unit that has all the buttons. That piece is a seperate part no.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...14&hg=61&fg=35...

...I know this, because I had to replace my module carrier due to a faulty lid that would not close properly...Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Damn, just have to be the bearer of bad news dont you =]

Thanks for the info, I wonder why that piece is so expensive if it's just plastic. But then again all plastic panels on a BMW cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks Again
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
1st_Knight
'Entwicklung 85 - Zukunft4'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 SMG DINAN S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
Damn, just have to be the bearer of bad news dont you =]

Thanks for the info, I wonder why that piece is so expensive if it's just plastic. But then again all plastic panels on a BMW cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks Again
Yeah, when I had ordered the part and the dealer told me the price, my jaw sort of dropped....But hey, once I had replaced it, I was all smiles , and the issue of the price had faded away...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
Shooter
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5i 2003

Hi !
When trying to clean the lid of my ashtray, i accidently "scratched" the paint on it (damn this thing is fragile...). I guess rubbing this part with something as hard as a tissue was not a good idea... anyway.
I don't know if i should change the entire ashtray (price is a bit... pricy...) or just try to cover the lid with something like leather.
Any suggestion ?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
zzE85zz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4R 2.5i

Garage List
Darn! Had a spare ashtray lid/panel recently, would've gladly given it up instead of tossing it into the trash last week. If only I saw this sooner. Had to replace the panel trim when I scratched it all up, tho the ash was undamaged, was getting to the switches to change out the amber surface mount leds with white ones. Guess I should hold on to spare parts from now on instead of the trash! lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0