F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Anyone know anything about Broadway Static Coilovers?
proTUNING Freaks

11-29-2016, 11:57 PM   #1
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Anyone know anything about Broadway Static Coilovers?

Does anyone know anything about or have any experience with the Broadway Static Coilovers (500s)? Looking to get a set for my 340i. They were even upgraded with swift springs.

Let me know
      11-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
FeelinBlessed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i AW MPPSK/Track

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
From what I've read they use Swift Springs and fortune auto shock body but they modify them so you can slam your car. I've read tons of good stuff about fortune auto 500 coilovers when I had my Z34 (Yes it's a Nissan). I'd say if you want to slam your car (which I'm against) get the broadway static... otherwise just get the Fortune auto 500.

Or why not Bilstein coils? I'd get them in a heart beat if I didn't have EDC...
      11-30-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinBlessed View Post
From what I've read they use Swift Springs and fortune auto shock body but they modify them so you can slam your car. I've read tons of good stuff about fortune auto 500 coilovers when I had my Z34 (Yes it's a Nissan). I'd say if you want to slam your car (which I'm against) get the broadway static... otherwise just get the Fortune auto 500.
Awesome thank you so much! So if i just want to lower my car, these are the ones to get?

Im debating between keeping my H&R sports with EDC or going with coils and giving up my EDC.

Thanks!
Attached Images

11-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #4
FeelinBlessed
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
Yup! I think I'll get coils eventually but for now I'd enjoy my EDC a little more
      11-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #5
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yup! I think I'll get coils eventually but for now I'd enjoy my EDC a little more
Awesome! I absolutely love your car by the way something about it that gets me every time!
      11-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #6
FeelinBlessed
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW F30 View Post
Awesome! I absolutely love your car by the way something about it that gets me every time!
Yea probably because it looks almost identical to yours lol
      11-30-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
MrF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Fortune Auto rides the same as my BC...fairly harsh.
EXTERIOR: M Sport front bumper/side skirts, M3 rear bumper/fenders, black M3 kidney grilles, cf M3 mirror caps, cf MP trunk spoiler, ACS roof spoiler, side blades, black roof, Grigio Telesto, STANCE: Rotiform SPF 19"s, BC Racing BR coilovers, UUC front end-links, orange calipers, ENGINE: PS1, Wagner FMIC, Borla S-Type exhaust, quad ti tips, VRSF dp/cp, JB4, INTERIOR: ACS pedals, WeatherTech floor & BMW trunk mats
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
BlueCrabMafia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrF30 View Post
Fortune Auto will do custom shock valving and spring rates. They will work with you to get exactly what you want.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #9
FeelinBlessed
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrF30 View Post
Hmmm.... I heard BC rides very comfortably for other cars... I guess f30 versions ride harsher? I have no personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrabMafia View Post
Fortune Auto will do custom shock valving and spring rates. They will work with you to get exactly what you want.
I'd still prefer KWs or Bilsteins but I guess price difference is the key?
      11-30-2016, 11:09 PM   #10
MrF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrabMafia View Post
Yea, but I just don't think they do as good of a job as other companies. Once I get my turbo in, I'm going to revisit my coilovers and likely go with TC Kline. It was a very comfortable ride yet felt very planted. I was not impressed at all with BC Racing, Fortune Auto, and KW. I did like the Ohlins too; bit stiff at low speeds but very compliant at high speeds. The TCKs were the opposite; comfortable at low speeds, not as good as the Ohlins at high speeds but still very good.
EXTERIOR: M Sport front bumper/side skirts, M3 rear bumper/fenders, black M3 kidney grilles, cf M3 mirror caps, cf MP trunk spoiler, ACS roof spoiler, side blades, black roof, Grigio Telesto, STANCE: Rotiform SPF 19"s, BC Racing BR coilovers, UUC front end-links, orange calipers, ENGINE: PS1, Wagner FMIC, Borla S-Type exhaust, quad ti tips, VRSF dp/cp, JB4, INTERIOR: ACS pedals, WeatherTech floor & BMW trunk mats
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 10:02 AM   #11
BlueCrabMafia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line

Fortune's coilovers are really good, but you have to know what you want with them to get the ride you're looking for. They can custom valve their shocks anyway you want and their higher end models use Swift Springs which are really good.

I went with Bilstein B14's, but I picked up a used low mileage set for a great price. They are good, but in hindsight I should have gone with the adjustable shock versions. The B14's are just a tad bit too firm for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 10:06 AM   #12
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all the help guys! I was asking about these specific coils because im able to get a killer deal on them. But im in a small dilemma. I wanna go lower because my wheel gap really bothers me and my rear wheels poke out a bit. Right now, i am sitting on H&R sports. Would the H&R supersports be a better option than coils since i get to keep my adaptive suspension? Or is that a bad option since it will most likely wear our my adaptive shocks a lot quicker?

Thanks guys
      12-01-2016, 02:39 PM   #13
FeelinBlessed
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for all the help guys! I was asking about these specific coils because im able to get a killer deal on them. But im in a small dilemma. I wanna go lower because my wheel gap really bothers me and my rear wheels poke out a bit. Right now, i am sitting on H&R sports. Would the H&R supersports be a better option than coils since i get to keep my adaptive suspension? Or is that a bad option since it will most likely wear our my adaptive shocks a lot quicker?

Thanks guys
You're gonna puke when you see how much my wheels poke lol
      12-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #14
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks guys
You're gonna puke when you see how much my wheels poke lol
All that sexy carbon makes up for it