F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > ACS Springs fitted today - 435D M Sport
Extreme Powerhouse

11-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
aadams1x
Rep
Drives: 4 Series M Sport

ACS Springs fitted today - 435D M Sport

I had a 420D M Sport Coupe for a few years and bought a 435D Grand Coupe M Sport X-Drive which I took delivery of in September. I loved the 420d and was sad to see it go but very excited about the 435D

I have really not got on with the Standard Suspension set-up on the X-Drive... why they ruin this car with a SE set-up is beyond me and left me a bit underwhelmed with the 435D, yes it is quick but felt so wallowy when you put your foot down, under-braking and around corners compared with my 420D M Sport.

Today I finally bit the bullet and had fitted a set of ACS Springs.. The difference is night and day. The car feels amazing, it points on roundabouts as it should, the rear barely dips under acceleration and on corners it just feels planted.

People on here have said the ride comfort is no different, I disagree a little on that and it does feel harder but 100% no harder than my 420D M Sport with stock M-Sport Suspension! So it is basically it is now as it should have come out the factory

If you are thinking of doing this just get on with it! Totally in love with the car now and my god it feels quicker! Im sure it is not but the experience is so different.. very happy... will post some pictures after a wash tomorrow!

I used Deutsch Tech in Milton Keynes who were awesome and significantly cheaper than others on the ACS recommended supplier list..

http://bmwservicemiltonkeynes.co.uk/
      12-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
FeelinBlessed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i AW MPPSK/Track

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
+1 for ACS Springs!
      12-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #3
AG23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 WRX 6MT/2024 M3 On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadams1x View Post
I had a 420D M Sport Coupe for a few years and bought a 435D Grand Coupe M Sport X-Drive which I took delivery of in September. I loved the 420d and was sad to see it go but very excited about the 435D

I have really not got on with the Standard Suspension set-up on the X-Drive... why they ruin this car with a SE set-up is beyond me and left me a bit underwhelmed with the 435D, yes it is quick but felt so wallowy when you put your foot down, under-braking and around corners compared with my 420D M Sport.

Today I finally bit the bullet and had fitted a set of ACS Springs.. The difference is night and day. The car feels amazing, it points on roundabouts as it should, the rear barely dips under acceleration and on corners it just feels planted.

People on here have said the ride comfort is no different, I disagree a little on that and it does feel harder but 100% no harder than my 420D M Sport with stock M-Sport Suspension! So it is basically it is now as it should have come out the factory

If you are thinking of doing this just get on with it! Totally in love with the car now and my god it feels quicker! Im sure it is not but the experience is so different.. very happy... will post some pictures after a wash tomorrow!

I used Deutsch Tech in Milton Keynes who were awesome and significantly cheaper than others on the ACS recommended supplier list..

http://bmwservicemiltonkeynes.co.uk/
Nice! Pics?
Appreciate 0