E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > It's going on 3 weeks now!!

12-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335I

It's going on 3 weeks now!!

The last time I made a post regarding this I got attacked by a couple of forum members who felt as though I should not have expressed my frustration, personally they're not the ones in this situation so I could care less if they do not like what I have to say.

Honestly it has been 2 weeks and 1 day now since BMW has had my car and are not able to figure out what is the problem.

BMW told me that my #2 Injector was the problem and that once they change it then the problem will be fixed, they changed the injector after having it for 2 weeks and still whatever problem it is remains uncorrected.

I can't seem to understand their obvious gross incompetence to fix whatever it is that causes my car to bog/stall and send a CEL cutting the engine to half power.

I have text messages from a Service Department person that blamed my mods (the Cobb has been uninstalled before I took it in) like CP, FMIC and DPs saying that they are giving them readings that they can't figure out what is the problem.

After I spoke directly with him he went on to changing his tune even texting me that words I quote "I wasn't trying to indicate that your mods caused the problem".

I asked them what codes they were getting and the response was "we're not getting any codes".......................WHAT????

Honestly I know many of you probably won't care because it's not happening to your car/to you personally but I'm beyond frustration and I feel like they should have already contacted someone from BMW Germany on this to assist them if they are that incompetent after going into now what will be the 3rd week and have not even diagnosed the problem properly.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Should I contact BMW Corporate/go higher and try to get someone there involved to bring someone in who can properly diagnose and fix this situation?

Has anyone else had to wait this extensively for their car to be diagnosed, let alone, repaired??

Thanks.
Mods: MHD Stg 2, xHP Flashtool Stage 3, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Megan 4" Downpipes, Pure N55 Inlet, Outlet, VSRF 5" Stepped Intercooler, GFB Diverter, BMS N55 Intake, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, CF Spoiler, CF Kidney Grille, CF Mirror Covers, CF Eyelids, CF Wheel Hub Covers, CF Diffuser, M Sport Racing Strip, 20% Tints, and Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

No information on what the problem is - check
No codes - check
Complaining about a dealership - check

WTF do you expect from anyone on here? 3 weeks is normal for a engine replacement, a bit long for an oil change. You have give zero information for anyone to go on.

No clue what dealership you are going to, but if it's San Antonio, expect your car to be stolen or in worse condition than when you dropped it off.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
Boosted2000Si
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

You need to take it to another shop before you escalate the situation imo. If you are un happy with the results of one dealership take it to another.

As the above post said, whats the details here. Whats wrong woth the car? Whats the specs of the car? Some more details may help everyone understand.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #4
JLGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Why are you going to the dealer? I'm sure any reputable euro independent shop would find your issue no problem for less.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #5
victorg95
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335xi ///M Sport

Give us a full explanation of what's going on

Black Kidney Grilles | M-Performance Spoiler | M-Performance Side Extension | CF Interior Trim | MHD Tuned
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #6
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
No codes - check

WTF do you expect from anyone on here? 3 weeks is normal for a engine replacement, a bit long for an oil change. You have give zero information for anyone to go on.

No clue what dealership you are going to, but if it's San Antonio, expect your car to be stolen or in worse condition than when you dropped it off.
DocRace 6266 single turbo.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorg95 View Post
I agree with victor. when engle light is on, go read the codes from a parts store like auto zone, or go to a shop they will read them for you, and post them on here.
DocRace 6266 single turbo.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #8
victorg95
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335xi ///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i View Post
Quote:
I agree with victor. when engle light is on, go read the codes from a parts store like auto zone, or go to a shop they will read them for you, and post them on here.
Yes, give us codes, symptoms, explanation of everything, you're leaving us in the dark

Black Kidney Grilles | M-Performance Spoiler | M-Performance Side Extension | CF Interior Trim | MHD Tuned
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #9
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i 2011

It's blown
Sell it

I've derived that conclusion from the information provided

GLWS
Turbod395.50
      12-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #10
Kevin39
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 N55

OPs original post. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330667
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:02 PM   #11
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No codes - check

Learn how to read with comprehension-check

BMW told me that my #2 Injector was the problem and that once they change it then the problem will be fixed, they changed the injector after having it for 2 weeks and still whatever problem it is remains uncorrected.

I asked them what codes they were getting and the response was "we're not getting any codes"....

Next time don't be so quick to point out to everyone that you don't understand what you read, CHECK!!
Mods: MHD Stg 2, xHP Flashtool Stage 3, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Megan 4" Downpipes, Pure N55 Inlet, Outlet, VSRF 5" Stepped Intercooler, GFB Diverter, BMS N55 Intake, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, CF Spoiler, CF Kidney Grille, CF Mirror Covers, CF Eyelids, CF Wheel Hub Covers, CF Diffuser, M Sport Racing Strip, 20% Tints, and Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:03 PM   #12
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, give us codes, symptoms, explanation of everything, you're leaving us in the dark
Obviously you guys aren't reading, I told you that they said they're not getting any codes, I told you they said it was the injectors and now they're saying that's not the issue.

What part am I leaving out??
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:06 PM   #13
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No codes - check

I just wanted to highlight again how limited you are on reading comprehension, nowhere in any of my posts did I ever claim they were replacing an engine.

You need to stop trying to show how much of a problem you are going to be and be a part of the solution instead of fueling the flames of those like you who do not take the time to actually read with comprehension.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:22 PM   #14
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_BMW_PNW View Post
It's blown
Sell it

I've derived that conclusion from the information provided

GLWS
If it was blown then it wouldn't be able to move at all, you can drive it but when you press on the accelerator hard it immediately goes into Limp Mode/Half Engine Power light comes on and it stutters almost as though it is about to shut off.

If I just press on the accelerator lightly I can drive it up to 75 but it starts to stumble/a little hesitation in the pedal, however when it is in idle/not in Drive you can hit the accelerator and rev the thing to redline without any hesitation or feeling as though it will shut down.

You'd actually have to drive it to feel what it is doing.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:26 PM   #15
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i View Post
One would think that BMW would've already diagnosed this themselves after having it for 3 weeks, I hope the Mechanics are competent enough to have at least done this much, wouldn't you say so??

Either that or they are really as incompetent as I'm being lead to believe they are based on their inability to accurately assess what the real problem is.

Instead they tell me one thing and it's not that, then they tell me "we aren't getting any codes".

What the hell am I supposed to believe:

A. They're not using the proper diagnostic equipment

B. They're just that grossly incompetent

C. This is issue is that complicated that they just can't nail it down and haven't had the good sense to contact someone else in their BMW Mechanic Hierarchy to help them properly diagnose the problem, let alone fix it???

Imagine if this was happening to you, how frustrated would you be?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 12:32 AM   #16
Makeuwunder
First Lieutenant
Alderney
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Just a suggestion here, but I had some miss firing going on after I had changed my plugs a few months back. When I was putting my plugs in and got all finished putting them in I got side tracked for a little bit and when I came back out I put my coils on buttoned everything up took it out for a test drive. When I got to a clear road I hit the gas and boom limp mode right away. shut car off to reset got it home checked codes and got multiple miss fires on four cylinders. Since I did not have the problem before plug change I sat back to think what I would have missed. When I went to pull the plugs back out the first one came out without any effort. At that time I realized that I didn't torque the plugs. Got the torque wrench out and torqued them to 17ft lbs. Put car back together test drove and no more problem. It may not be your problem but it is something simple to check and something you can do yourself if you have the tools. Again this is only a suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #17
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeuwunder View Post
Just a suggestion here, but I had some miss firing going on after I had changed my plugs a few months back. When I was putting my plugs in and got all finished putting them in I got side tracked for a little bit and when I came back out I put my coils on buttoned everything up took it out for a test drive. When I got to a clear road I hit the gas and boom limp mode right away. shut car off to reset got it home checked codes and got multiple miss fires on four cylinders. Since I did not have the problem before plug change I sat back to think what I would have missed. When I went to pull the plugs back out the first one came out without any effort. At that time I realized that I didn't torque the plugs. Got the torque wrench out and torqued them to 17ft lbs. Put car back together test drove and no more problem. It may not be your problem but it is something simple to check and something you can do yourself if you have the tools. Again this is only a suggestion.
Honestly I thank you for your suggestion and appreciate you offering some type of solution, however, I (we) have already thought of that and tried that and my plugs are brand new and properly torqued.

I have a new injector on cylinder 2 like BMW said was the problem and still it is not the problem/fixed.

No problem with the HPFP, no problem with the coils, no problem with the other injectors, no boost leaks from CP, FMIC, CAI or anywhere else but yet the problem whatever it is still persists and is yet to be remedied.

Thanks again my friend as I'am desperate to find a solution.
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2016, 04:59 AM   #18
racermp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330i

Look guy, don't take this personally, but you have e money for Cobb, CP, dp, fmic and no diagnostic equipment? It's so cheap these days. Carly, MHD, torque, etc....Make a log, check engine codes, do something a little more technical that can help figure out the issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 07:40 AM   #19
MadToy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 340i Xdrive

What CEL did you get when you got the half power light? Doesn't COBB read codes?
      12-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #20
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Bmw corporate won't help because you're modified. They'll say tough luck, you modified the vehicle knowing issues might come of it.

Take it to another reputable shop. Or another BMW dealer. Some techs are more versed on these kinds of issues then others.

If you have any big tuning shops around I'd take it to them.

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #21
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBMW335I View Post
I just wanted to highlight again how limited you are on reading comprehension, nowhere in any of my posts did I ever claim they were replacing an engine.

You need to stop trying to show how much of a problem you are going to be and be a part of the solution instead of fueling the flames of those like you who do not take the time to actually read with comprehension.
How dense are you? You have told us nothing of value to gauge if the dealer having the car for 2 weeks is reasonable. How about you start with why you even took it in! I know this may be hard for you to understand, but we can't magically know these thing.
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #22
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How dense are you? You have told us nothing of value to gauge if the dealer having the car for 2 weeks is reasonable. How about you start with why you even took it in! I know this may be hard for you to understand, but we can't magically know these thing.
The only one who is Dense is you, you still fail to understand what you are reading and it shows badly for you.

You see how you just come here to start sh*t after accusing me of being dense when it is obvious to everyone here that you have serious issues comprehending what you read.

You came off as a total j*rk and smart @$$ by using Check at the end of every one of the wrongful statements you made that I later showed you by correcting you with everything you either failed to read or did not understood what you read.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and just disappear altogether out of my thread. I don't need you, you are of no/zero help. You simply come off as an annoyance, what are you 12 years old or something?

I didn't ask for your smart and snide/snobbish remarks, I asked for solutions and I gave you all the information I have.

For everyone else who keeps saying use your Cobb, go to this place and that place to get them to do this and that and read codes from Whoever and Wherever, all I can tell you is that I've already did those things which is why I ended up taking it to BMW (you know, the guys who are supposed to be the Experts on these cars) and yet they're telling me that they are not getting any codes after they diagnosed it and said it was the #2 Injector being the problem.

They replaced the #2 Injector and the issue still continues, it seems I have to constantly repeat myself over and over in this thread because either people are not reading it or fail to understand what they are reading.

If BMW's mechanics are unable to figure this out then I don't know what else is there to be done. I contacted the Service Department and asked them to contact someone from BMW Bavaria/Germany to have them walk them through this process so they can accurately/properly figure out what is the problem and ultimately fix it.

They said that they would look into it tomorrow.

Thanks for all those who are not just here to hurl insults and are actually making a suggestion to try and help or diagnose what may be wrong, I really appreciate you.
Appreciate 0