F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Brake squeal finally gone!
Extreme Powerhouse

12-19-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Brake squeal finally gone!

Bought a set of rear textar pads for my f32 with blue m brake. Applied prematex disc brake quiet and clean up rotors. No noise afterwards! Hope it doesn't come back
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Awesome! I ordered a set of EBC Red Stuff pads for mine. The squealing is driving me crazy, as well as the dust....

Merry Christmas to me!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #3
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
Awesome! I ordered a set of EBC Red Stuff pads for mine. The squealing is driving me crazy, as well as the dust....

Merry Christmas to me!
Not sure why the rear squeal like a motherfxxker. Stock front no squeal. Anyway, it is gone now with new pads.

Maybe the stock jurid pad just sucks...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
Not sure why the rear squeal like a motherfxxker. Stock front no squeal. Anyway, it is gone now with new pads.

Glad you fixed your issue. The side benefit of all the frustrating experience is that you know how do your brakes, so no more getting hosed by expensive service departments and indy mechanics that don't know what they are doing when it comes to bimmers.

If this issue rears its ugly head again, you got the tools and knowledge to get it fixed. Good on ya!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
Quote:

Glad you fixed your issue. The side benefit of all the frustrating experience is that you know how do your brakes, so no more getting hosed by expensive service departments and indy mechanics that don't know what they are doing when it comes to bimmers.

If this issue rears its ugly head again, you got the tools and knowledge to get it fixed. Good on ya!
exactly?learned so much about brake and car in general!

How do u remove rear caliper? Unlike front, turning steering wheel will open up an angle for breaker bar to loose the anchor bolt of caliper. I don't have lift only jack and stand , can't fit breaker bar in. Small ratchet not power enough to loose them. I have a impact driver, not fitting either.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 11:00 PM   #6
bateau
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Sedan

I just installed M Performance brakes on my 328i. The rears are a pain due to thread locker and 110Nm torque spec. There's not enough room to get a breaker bar there if you're only using regular jack stands

I ended up renting a bay with a lift for a day to do the job. Still have to code them tomorrow. Having a lift made the job much more enjoyable to do.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #7
Dmitry83
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F30 320i (328i ECU) M-Sport

Quote:

Hi,

I went the same way and replaced the rears which were squealing like the "Tironasaurus cut with the chainsaw"(J.Clarkson)
My choice is Girling 6120285. So far no noise, initial bite is good, brake power perfect, no overheating (as it is possible to heat up now when it is 0 to -20 here).

Here on the photos 2 and 3 you can also see what the stock pads are doing to the rotors:
https://www.drive2.ru/l/461651398472238816/

Photos 4 and 5 show the front rotors condition with F80 M3 pads for comparison.

Also you can clearly see on Photo 6 the huge amount of metal bits in the stock pads. Those are practically made of metal moulded into a little of hard plastic.

The reason I see is there are strict ecological regulations from 2015, which demand lower level of brake dust.
Or BMW just tries to make the rotors wear out faster (but as far as I know in USA rotors replacement are included in warranty period, so makes no sense).
F80 bottom reinforcement plate
Koni Sport, M-Performance springs, M135i Anti-roll bars
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 12:27 PM   #8
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Good man - another seeing the benefits of using f8x pads on f2x/f3x m sport brakes.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 06:03 PM   #9
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:

I swapped my pads this morning for EBC. The fronts have grease on the caliper pistons, rears are dry. It's probably due to lack of lube on the back calipers.
Appreciate 0