F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > Genuine BMW/OEM Retrofit Kit for F30 Reverse Camera
ARMA SPEED

12-31-2016, 03:45 AM   #1
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Genuine BMW/OEM Retrofit Kit for F30 Reverse Camera

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For sale are all the key components to do a Genuine BMW/OEM Reverse Camera retrofit on an F30. What you will be getting is everything shown in the pictures (after the jump) below - all of the items are New except for the TRSVC camera module. The big win here is that you can get all the parts in one fell swoop. This kit also includes the extremely hard to find Rear Camera Retrofit Cable/Harness. I had to wait close to 3 months for it to arrive from Europe.

Some advantages that the OEM rear camera gives you over all aftermarket solutions is that the camera is beautifully integrated along side other sensor data on the CIC/NBT head unit display:
  • You can get your PDC rear/front parking sensor data seamlessly integrated into the display along side with the rear view camera video (to the right of the camera video in picture above)
  • You can get the Obstacle Warning feature as well, which integrates the obstacles right into the video as seen in the picture above (coding may be required).
  • You have full use of all the camera adjustment controls to the left of the video. I heard from Bimmertech that the OEM camera also has a self-heating feature, which benefits those who live in cold climates. None of the other aftermarket cameras have this feature that i am aware of.

Note: for now, i don't want to part it out / break up the kit for individual sale - you have buy the whole kit or nothing I never could get my PDC rear sensors working right, and since its a pre-requisite for the OEM solution to work, my loss is your gain. And since i've been too busy to go back to debug the PDC's, I finally decided to sell the rear camera kit separately, as its been sitting idle collecting dust for awhile. I may have to do a non-OEM solution in order to finally get a rear camera on my car ...

This kit requires that at least Rear PDC sensors (507) are installed on your car as a requirement. In addition to the rear PDC sensors, coding will also be necessary - you will need to VO code the 3AG feature.

What you will be receiving in this kit are the following items (see pics below):
  • Backup Camera: BMW OEM #66539240351 (new)
  • Trunk/Handle Mount for camera: BMW OEM #51247368753 (new)
  • Retrofit Cable/Harness: BMW OEM #61122154696 (new)
    • HSD cable that connects the Backup Camera to the TRSVC module. I have the shorter one, so you will have to do a trunk install. I measured it, and it is exactly 91 inches (7ft 7 in).
    • Main harness that contains the 7 wires that are run to the front of the car (3 wires to CIC/NBT HU, 2 wires to CAN in iDrive, and Power/Ground wires).
  • Camera Control Module (TRSVC): BMW OEM #66539302256 (used)
  • Wire-Tap (AKA 2-Pin Adapter or Self Stripping Connector) - BMW OEM # 61138364566
  • 5 amp fuse

There are a few other miscellaneous (but not critical) parts that are not included. And depending on where you mount the TRSVC, they may not be needed. I was planning for a trunk install, so i didn't need these:
  • Control unit Bracket: 66539232797
  • Screw for Control Unit Bracket: 07149158182
There is a lot of good information and details on how to do this retrofit:
  1. Most of the information you will need to do this retrofit will come from this F30post thread: DIY - F30 OEM Backup / reversing camera retrofit installed!. There is a lot of good information there for this retrofit, including a detailed step-by-step set of instructions from the King of BMW retrofits himself - roxxor.
  2. The official BMW installation instructions for a Rear View Camera Retrofit for a BMW 5 Series provide all the technical details of what needs to be done as far as the electrical/wiring work that needs to be done. Yes, the instruction are for a 5-series, but the procedure, wiring, and all electronics are _exactly_ the same.
  3. The routing of the cables from the back to the front of the car and the How-Tos as far as removing the trunk shield and trim pieces are covered in many different YouTube videos. Some from Bimmertech, and some from other forum members.
  4. I will also toss in as a bonus, a detailed step-by-step installation instructions from 3rd party company that does this genuine BMW OEM reverse camera retrofit. Between all this, installation should be a snap!

UPDATE: Someone from the forum reach out to me to for a possible trade with a Bimmertech rear camera. I would totally do it, except he had the OEM integration model. I was looking to do the one with the MMI unit as you can also attach a front camera and also do the Smart Flex HD for iPhone mirroring. If anyone has the Bimmertech Rear Camera MMI unit that they are willing to trade for this OEM camera set up, i would be willing to trade for it. Let me know!

Attached Images

Last edited by squidlyboy; 03-04-2017 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Silver

Dude... why you selling? we had so much fun getting this working between the reverse camera & PDC.... Hope all is well man & good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2017, 09:24 AM   #3
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
Is the cable the longer version which allows for the TRSVC to be mounted in stock location on the right side of the dash on the drivers side?
      01-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
Dude... why you selling? we had so much fun getting this working between the reverse camera & PDC.... Hope all is well man & good luck with the sale.
Haha... yes, i remember those dayz steelerfan I never could quite get the PDC's debugged, and haven't had time to get back to it. My wife's Mercedes arrived a few weeks back, and i'm starting to spend a lot of time on _that_, so i doubt i'll have the will to get back to this.

I _REALLY_ wanted to get an OEM camera set up, but all these parts have been sitting in a box for so long, I just want a camera at this point. I figure if i can sell these, i can at least put a bimmertech rear cam in and finally get a view of my back. Beats having hundreds of dollars just sitting on the shelf :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
Is the cable the longer version which allows for the TRSVC to be mounted in stock location on the right side of the dash on the drivers side?
Its the shorter version of the cable.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #5
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Someone from the forum reach out to me to for a possible trade with a Bimmertech rear camera. I would totally do it, except he had the OEM integration model. I was looking to do the one with the MMI unit as you can also attach a front camera and also do the Smart Flex HD for iPhone mirroring.

If anyone has the Bimmertech Rear Camera MMI unit that they are willing to trade for this OEM camera set up, i would be willing to trade for it. Let me know!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #6
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

price reduced to $600
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 10:14 AM   #7
Dfahmy
Second Lieutenant