BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Advice needed for G30 purchase in USA

01-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i X-Drive

Advice needed for G30 purchase in USA

Hi everybody. I have been following this forum for a while and am very grateful it exist. I have been a BMW enthusiast and planning on my first BMW purchase this year. My other previous purchases include a Honda Accord and Acura TL. I had originally planned on buying the BMW F10 but I changed my mind and have been waiting for the release of the G30. My only concern holding me back was the reliability of German car. Has the reliability improved? I am excellent with maintenance. My Japanese cars have given me no problems.

I looked over the pricing sheet for the BMW 530i X-drive and with all the options I want the msrp is around $55,000 - $60,000 USD. For the experts here that have negotiated prices from dealers previously, how much off the msrp can I expect? What other items should be negotiated? A friend of mine suggested asking for 0% APR because I have a excellent credit score. My friend also suggested asking for 2 additional years of BMW maintenance. Please assist as this will be my first time dealing with a new BMW purchase
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
Playdrum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport

You will be lucky to get 6% off a new model year (Invo is about 7%), at launch BMW will not offer any incentives on this car. If leasing you may get a loyalty incentive if you own a BMW now. The dealer will not just give you 2 additional years of BMW maintenance, they may discount it, but not by much. As for APR BMW is at 2.9% this mth, with excellent credit you may be able to get 2.25% with an outside bank. Shop around some dealer are more hungry then others. It all depends on dealer supply and demand.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Badger
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 520d, 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlife208 View Post
(...)My only concern holding me back was the reliability of German car. Has the reliability improved? I am excellent with maintenance. My Japanese cars have given me no problems. (...)
Well, the 'teething issues' may occur as the G30 is completely new model. However, no big thing, you'll have your warranty so don't worry and enjoy your brand new car!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #4
Anxious
Enlisted Member
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Hi guys.

From where I come from there is literally no discount given from the Retail List Price at the launch of a car like the G30.

However for the outgoing the F10 , if lucky, you may get between 20-25% off the list price.

Are you guys able to get any discounts off the list price in the US?

How about other parts of the world like U.K.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep

not a bad discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrum View Post
You will be lucky to get 6% off a new model year (Invo is about 7%), at launch BMW will not offer any incentives on this car. If leasing you may get a loyalty incentive if you own a BMW now. The dealer will not just give you 2 additional years of BMW maintenance, they may discount it, but not by much. As for APR BMW is at 2.9% this mth, with excellent credit you may be able to get 2.25% with an outside bank. Shop around some dealer are more hungry then others. It all depends on dealer supply and demand.
I would be really happy if I were to get 6-7% off msrp. In NJ I believe the release date is Feb 11. I'm not sure if buying in March or April, I would get 6-7% off. 2.25% Apr is good enough for me. Yeah and on the 2017 models BMW decided to cut down maintenance years and plus not include wiper blades and break replacement.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #6
Playdrum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport

You less likely to get invo pricing on an order, but that does not mean you have to pay MSRP. If your going to wait until the G30 is stocked on the lot you will have more opportunity. If your in an area we're you have several dealers, shop around. Im in south NJ an am lucky to have access to 5 dealers within 50 miles. I'm on my 5th BMW in 15 years and have always paid less then invo by putting dealer against each other. It's a game you have to be willing to walk away from the car you want to get the deal, but you have to be realistic and know the market. Dealers are not just going to lose money and give a car away.

Last edited by Playdrum; 01-16-2017 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlife208 View Post
Hi everybody. I have been following this forum for a while and am very grateful it exist. I have been a BMW enthusiast and planning on my first BMW purchase this year. My other previous purchases include a Honda Accord and Acura TL. I had originally planned on buying the BMW F10 but I changed my mind and have been waiting for the release of the G30. My only concern holding me back was the reliability of German car. Has the reliability improved? I am excellent with maintenance. My Japanese cars have given me no problems.

I looked over the pricing sheet for the BMW 530i X-drive and with all the options I want the msrp is around $55,000 - $60,000 USD. For the experts here that have negotiated prices from dealers previously, how much off the msrp can I expect? What other items should be negotiated? A friend of mine suggested asking for 0% APR because I have a excellent credit score. My friend also suggested asking for 2 additional years of BMW maintenance. Please assist as this will be my first time dealing with a new BMW purchase
I typically pay $1000 over invoice.

If you are buying, don't by a 530i xDrive. It will be a short model year with the 2018 beginning production in July. By August 2017 530is will be heavily discounted in end of year closeout and will likely go below invoice. I've seen this before.

You can lease any time of year, but buying a 5 series 4 months before end of model year makes no sense.
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #8
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep

incentives in spring

I went to check out the G30 today and the manager is a friend of my friend. He said waiting till spring could give incentives. What are possible incentives? He also told me it's 2 months for a custom order.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #9
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

I just got around 8% off mine. UK though.
Appreciate 0