E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Streaming to USB, Almost a Success

01-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
stamonkey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328xi 6MT

Bluetooth Streaming to USB, Almost a Success

I listen to Spotify and podcasts exclusively while I drive. Like most people on this forum, I'm disappointed that I don't have A2DP streaming. I started with an aux cable, then tried the tune2air which I found lacking in sound quality, android support, and start up time. I had settled on the Kinivo btc450, which has great sound quality, remote control, but no steering controls. I then started looking for a usb solution, I thought surely somebody would have made a bluetooth receiver that mimics a usb flash drive the bmw system would understand. So I stumbled across this, $2.67 and two months later it arrived.

So it works almost sort of. I don't get any track information, but I can change tracks via steering wheel. Also audio quality is I think marginally better than my Kinivo. Changing tracks is a little laggy, and every once in a while the audio will skip, but for the most part it works. For $2.67, its pretty impressive.

Will I continue using it? No, I'll stick to my Kinivo. But the technology does exist, hopefully I can find a better quality version of what I bought. I'd gladly pay $100 to have steering wheel controls and track information. See pictures below.

Appreciate 0