THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Called Dinan & AWE about exhaust

01-30-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
B58M240i
Rep
Drives: M240i

Called Dinan & AWE about exhaust

Just an FYI of what I've gathered-
The wait is killing me for a louder exhaust and I've narrowed my options down to Dinan with midpipe or AWE (maybe with midpipe) based on 340i videos online. I spoke to a Dinan rep today and he said the M240 system is in development and estimates that it will be ready by the end of February. I spoke to an AWE rep about 2 months ago and his rough estimate was by the end of Q1 2017.
Does anyone know where I can go in the Houston area to hear them in person on the B58 engine? I want to head to cars and coffee but won't be able to make this upcoming one and even if I can next month, I'm hoping that I can even find someone with these setups.

If any Dinan or AWE reps have any information that is more accurate, please update us.

Last edited by B58M240i; 01-30-2017 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
AlexM240i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58M240i View Post
The wait is killing me for a louder exhaust and I've narrowed my options down to Dinan with midpipe or AWE (maybe with midpipe) based on 340i videos online. I spoke to a Dinan rep today and he said the M240 system is in development and estimates that it will be ready by the end of February. I spoke to an AWE rep about 2 months ago and his rough estimate was by the end of Q1 2017.
Does anyone know where I can go in the Houston area to hear them in person on the B58 engine? I want to head to cars and coffee but won't be able to make this upcoming one and even if I can next month, I'm hoping that I can even find someone with these setups.

If any Dinan or AWE reps have any information that is more accurate, please update us.
The Remus catback system for the M240i is now available. You should check it....
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:

Thats about as accurate of information as is available at this time. Once available BMW of West Houston tends te be pretty active on new releases so that would probably be your best bet to hear before purchasing if I had to guess. If you know of any 340i owners with the Dinan exhaust the sounds is VERY similar (same can) although the M240i is ever so slightly more aggressive and throaty to my ear.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 05:52 PM   #4
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Thats about as accurate of information as is available at this time. Once available BMW of West Houston tends te be pretty active on new releases so that would probably be your best bet to hear before purchasing if I had to guess. If you know of any 340i owners with the Dinan exhaust the sounds is VERY similar (same can) although the M240i is ever so slightly more aggressive and throaty to my ear.
If I already have the MPE for my M240, can I just add your midpipe? I do want to hear the sound of it too with MPE but I know that might be hard, or not, depending on what tester cars you can get right? =) In any case, so February is when you can expect a midpipe for the M240? Is it the same cost as the 335 on your website?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 06:15 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM240i View Post
The Remus catback system for the M240i is now available. You should check it....
+1 on the REMUS, it is available and in my opinion sound the best

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
AlexM240i101.50
      01-31-2017, 06:15 PM   #6
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108 View Post
If I already have the MPE for my M240, can I just add your midpipe? I do want to hear the sound of it too with MPE but I know that might be hard, or not, depending on what tester cars you can get right? =) In any case, so February is when you can expect a midpipe for the M240? Is it the same cost as the 335 on your website?
Never have tested the mid-pipe with the MPE so couldn't say for certain if it would fit. No pricing has been relayed to sales either but I would imagine it would be the same price as the 340i midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 11:58 PM   #7
B58M240i
Rep

Thank you all for the information and recommendations. I understand the appeal to the Remus sound but to my ear I prefer the other two, at least through computer speakers... Maybe I should hear it in person.
It's also great to have direct feedback from Dinan and x-ph. It's really a tie in my mind at this point but maybe timing will break it since AWE could be further out than expected and Dinan sounds like they're there already.
I should just post on the 340i forum to get feedback from people who already have them installed and maybe there is someone in the Houston area who would meet up. I'll let y'all know what my findings are.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
maybe there is someone in the Houston area who would meet up.
Thats a really good idea, im sure forum members will be more than happy to meet up so you can hear their exhaust setup

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0