BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Driving assistant features : feedback

02-01-2017, 03:52 AM   #1
karmakal
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G30 530D (iX50 on order)

Driving assistant features : feedback

Hello,

I have a 530D on order and I was wondering which driving assistant packages were worth ordering.

Which features are actually worth it ?
Is it possible to have opinions from actual users (possibly also from 7 series owners) ?

Here are all the features offered in the UK.

Name:  DA01.JPG
Views: 776
Size:  25.4 KB

Name:  DA02.JPG
Views: 1035
Size:  32.7 KB

Active cruise control with stop and go function is also available as a stand alone option (5DF - 965 pounds).

Thanks for your feedback.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakal View Post
Hello,

I have a 530D on order and I was wondering which driving assistant packages were worth ordering.

Is it possible to have opinions from actual users (possibly also from 7 series owners) ?

Attachment 1565789

Attachment 1565790

Active cruise control with stop and go function is also available as a stand alone option (5DF - 965 pounds).

I think everyone will say "its up to you." I have a 2014 528i with all the driving aid features and I personally don't like the lane departure warning but I do love the ACC + Stop & Go. I love it so much, I plan to load up my 2017 G30 with the 3 packages they offer in the US (looks like UK has same features but split into 2 packages.

That being said, I believe there's standard adaptive cruise but it doesn't do stop & go (doesn't function below 20mph). So, depending on cost and how much of the extra autonomous stuff you want, you might be able to dip into assistance features by taking the first package only, especially if you're only leasing.

If you're buying and interested in the best safety for you and your family, I don't think you'll regret having both packages at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Hello,

Attachment 1565789

Attachment 1565790

The only one worth having is the ACC with Stop and Go (5DF). Forget the rest of it and spend the money on something else.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
nickyhaan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
The only one worth having is the ACC with Stop and Go (5DF). Forget the rest of it and spend the money on something else.
i also opted only for the ACC and no other driving packages..in the online reviews specifically the plus package wasnt rated very good though this one is a newer version then what there is in the 7 series.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Quote:
Hello,

Attachment 1565789

Attachment 1565790

I think if you're a city driver with a lot motor/pedestrian congestion, the potential benefits are great.

Similarly a lot of night time driving would benefit from such aids

Many of these features aren't yet available on the 7 until post-march build