F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > 340xi M Sport +Adaptive
Studio RSR

02-11-2017, 11:31 PM   #1
serrated
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

340xi M Sport +Adaptive

I don't believe I have the track handling package. What does it add over the M Sport with Adaptive suspension?

I know brakes are one. What is different for the suspension? Thicker sway bars? Stiffer springs?

Can any of these things be added by the dealer? I really want the brakes. The b58 is a screaming motor but the brakes feel a little weak after driving my M2.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #2
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Track handling package has: M Sport brakes, adaptive suspension (same as yours), and VSS.
You can upgrade your brakes - probably better to go with the M Performance brakes.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 12:54 PM   #3
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
I don't believe I have the track handling package. What does it add over the M Sport with Adaptive suspension?

I know brakes are one. What is different for the suspension? Thicker sway bars? Stiffer springs?

Can any of these things be added by the dealer? I really want the brakes. The b58 is a screaming motor but the brakes feel a little weak after driving my M2.
Did your vehicle already arrive or in transit after being ordered? If you ordered the vehicle, the build sheet will have all the option codes.

The standard brakes are actually good enough on 340i.

If you already have the vehicle, M Performance brakes are the least expensive option. If you want perhaps the best brakes money can buy, I suggest to explore AP Racing Radi CAL brakes.

My 440i GC has Track Handling Package and VSS as other form member mentioned. I like VSS.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #4
serrated
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Did your vehicle already arrive or in transit after being ordered? If you ordered the vehicle, the build sheet will have all the option codes.

If you already have the vehicle, M Performance brakes are the least expensive option. If you want perhaps the best brakes money can buy, I suggest to explore AP Racing Radi CAL brakes.

My 440i GC has Track Handling Package and VSS as other form member mentioned. I like VSS.
I bought one that was already on the lot. I'm never going to track it or anything--I just hate how I feel like I have to stand on the brakes to do a moderate stop. (compared to the much lighter force required in my M2) Not a deal breaker, just a slight annoyance.

Good to know though. Thanks for the replies/info!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #5
JamRWS6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post

I bought one that was already on the lot. I'm never going to track it or anything--I just hate how I feel like I have to stand on the brakes to do a moderate stop. (compared to the much lighter force required in my M2) Not a deal breaker, just a slight annoyance.

Good to know though. Thanks for the replies/info!
Put some more aggressive pads on it first; that will change the feel dramatically. The cars running M Sport brakes are running a more aggressive pad on top of being larger.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #6
iMinLuv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i M-Sport track pkg

You also get wheels and non runflat tires.
      02-13-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Different pads will get you where you want. The non M brakes have low dust pads
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0