THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions How To: Armrest Install DIY M Performance Alacantara armrest

02-22-2017, 05:03 AM   #1
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

How To: Armrest Install DIY M Performance Alacantara armrest

I made a video explaining the process of uninstalling and installing of an armrest in A F series bmw using my m235i and installing an M Performance Alacantara armrest

Hope someone finds it helpful!

Appreciate 3
shadowfax1289.00
1FUNCAR20.50
      02-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
Quantumn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M240i & 16' X1

Thank you for this video ! I am considering this for my M240i once it comes in!

How would you rate the quality/comfort of the new armrest compared to your original leather version?

Lastly, to make sure I get the same piece as you was yours
Part # 51162405915
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 03:16 AM   #3
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumn View Post
Thank you for this video ! I am considering this for my M240i once it comes in!

How would you rate the quality/comfort of the new armrest compared to your original leather version?

Lastly, to make sure I get the same piece as you was yours
Part # 51162405915

I have driven with it for less than A week but instantly noticed that I prefer it over the leather armrest , its softer without being soft and somehow feels thiner plus it looks great especially paired with the matching M performance Steering wheel overall I am happy with the purchase I have been wanting it since I got the car over 2 years ago wish I got it A long time ago

yes 51162405915 is the correct part number

If you have an questions if you go to do the install especially about the spring part I'd be more than happy to help since unless you know exactly the trick to get it on you'll fight it for 20+ mins but can get it first try if you know to do, I may make an amendment to the video and add that but its going to be hard to film since its hard to even see when your doing it
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #4
Quantumn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the reply!

Your video appeared informative enough but if I get stumped I will ask for your assistance.

Currently still waiting on delivery of my car...Hopefully this week!
I'll have to give the stock armrest a good test but based on your answer...I'll probably have to buy it haha

P.S. Aside from armrest/steering wheel are you considering any further interior modifications?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumn View Post
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the reply!

Your video appeared informative enough but if I get stumped I will ask for your assistance.

Currently still waiting on delivery of my car...Hopefully this week!
I'll have to give the stock armrest a good test but based on your answer...I'll probably have to buy it haha

P.S. Aside from armrest/steering wheel are you considering any further interior modifications?
I did have OEM M2 full carbon interior trim but decided to sell it, I also had a p3cars gauge but also sold that since now I have a obdii jb4 and had to pick one that would get plugged in , also I ordered my car and originally had the 6.5 inch display which I swapped out for the 8.8inch , I made a thread showing how easy it is to do if you have the small screen I would recommend doing that

I really would like m4 paddles or to wrap the trim in alcantara (I saw another member did and it looked great) I am in the middle of piecing together what's needed to install a pair of recaros , started buying the hardware just need to get the seats themselves who knows when that will be looking for a good deal but always wanted a pair
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #6
Quantumn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The OEM M2 trim as in the matte trim right?

I was considering a glossy trim but I'm unsure how legit it is...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222057415034...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Wow, I look forward to see that project completed!
My first interior mod would probably be the arm rest, shift boot / knob and e-brake!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Just wanted to say thank you.
Install was very informative making installing easy and spot on. If i could add to your install. Re-tensioning the spring is rather easy. If you set the armrest, guide your pins in only slightly to hold the armrest, then add the spring and set in place where marked with green arrows, at this point you can take a thick straight blade screwdriver and push middle part of the spring (marked by red Arrow) toward the front of the car until it locks behind the two plastic retainers. Once its in place the spring may be in a bind. Now guide your pins completely into place and snap your "C" rings into place. Hopefully that helps. Here are some pics. And thnx again AnderW for great communication and piece is spot on
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
shadowfax1289.00