BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast

Strange Sirius behavior or broken unit?

I can see all of my channels on SAT but only when going through the category view. If I switch to "All channels" there is nothing listed. Sirius flashed me new signals about 5 times today with no luck. Told me pretty much immediately that the unit was defective. How can I get all channels through category mode but not see any channels through all channels mode? I'd rather not head back to dealer unless I have to. Suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
zieglerc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Yeah, that's really weird, and it's something I'd have assumed a new activation signal from Sirius would've solved. Good news is, a replacement unit is pretty much plug-and-play and odds are good the dealer has them in stock since they should be the same across the E90 line.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglerc View Post
Yeah, that's really weird, and it's something I'd have assumed a new activation signal from Sirius would've solved. Good news is, a replacement unit is pretty much plug-and-play and odds are good the dealer has them in stock since they should be the same across the E90 line.
Is it really pretty easy to get to and swap out assuming they have one in stock?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
zieglerc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
Is it really pretty easy to get to and swap out assuming they have one in stock?
Should be. IIRC, it sits in the compartment on the left side of the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep

It sat at the dealership all day yesterday and they wouldnt just replace it. Worked with BMWNA and opened up a PUMA case on it....took my unit and put it into another car and it worked fine but I cant believe BMWNA didnt suggest a replacement....Now I have to take it back once again.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
dangoma
Your Mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
It sat at the dealership all day yesterday and they wouldnt just replace it. Worked with BMWNA and opened up a PUMA case on it....took my unit and put it into another car and it worked fine but I cant believe BMWNA didnt suggest a replacement....Now I have to take it back once again.
If they took your unit into another car and it worked fine, probably there is something deeper in the car thats wrong...
I don't think simply replacing it would work...
Having said that, I am surprised they did not just take a new unit and test it in your car for testing sake rather than going through the hassle of trying it on another car...
Keep us posted on what happens.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangoma View Post
If they took your unit into another car and it worked fine, probably there is something deeper in the car thats wrong...
I don't think simply replacing it would work...
Having said that, I am surprised they did not just take a new unit and test it in your car for testing sake rather than going through the hassle of trying it on another car...
Keep us posted on what happens.

Sat at the dealership today for 2 hours in the morning and another 3 in the afternoon (luckily I work remote so pretty much anywhere is my office). The $4500 control unit part came in from Germany.....granted, it isnt drive train effecting but this it's still not right.....SA comes to me at 5:15 and says, "that still didnt fix it". WTF? Three separate times in the shop for a total of approx 10 days without my car since I bought it.

BMWNA - are you listening?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0