THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Dinan Shockware Installed

03-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
brandonee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3 REX, 2016 228 M Sport

Dinan Shockware Installed

Wow! I just had Dinan Shockware installed on my 228 M Sport. It's like a completely different car! Currently there is a sale so I paid just over $200 plus labor (which was less than half an hour). The car is completely planted in all drive modes. The default Comfort mode feels like a firmer version of Sport. Sport/Sport+ is completely aggressive. You can feel the pavement changes very easily. The steering actually has a lose feeling in the Comfort/Eco Pro modes now due to the increase of firmness. No longer does the car dip during braking or have that floating feeling when driving over undulations. I totally recommend this to anyone with the EDC!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
Sypher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 228i xdrive

Thanks for the review. I'm looking to get this installed on mine once it comes out of storage. Hopefully the price will still be the same as it is now when it's out (in about a month, fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #3
brandonee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3 REX, 2016 228 M Sport

You can always order it from a dealer to get the price locked in now, then schedule the install for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
Thanks for the review. I'm looking to get this installed on mine once it comes out of storage. Hopefully the price will still be the same as it is now when it's out (in about a month, fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
Sypher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 228i xdrive

I tried to do that and it wasn't possible. Both Dinan and the dealership told me that for software changes, the invoices are generated when they download the software, so pre-paying is not possible.
Appreciate 0