E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > SES Code

03-24-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
WOT Bimmer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Hey all,

I have a P0456 SES code which is a evap emission control leak (small). I know all about "smoking" the problem out, but I think I may know the issue.

About a week ago I replaced my starter. In the process I broke the hose pictured below (picture credit of Google). I taped it back together very carefully. Is this engine vent hose part of the evap system and could it be the cause for the SES light/code? Perhaps my tape job wasn't good enough. That said, I just don't know if this vent hose is even part of the evap system.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #2
WOT Bimmer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
That's a crankcase vent hose. While I doubt that's causing your evap code, you should replace it anyway.
Ok - I wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification. There are other vent hoses that attach to the underside of the intake manifold. Could either of those be the problem? I'm just thinking about something I could have possibly broken.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 08:26 AM   #3
WOT Bimmer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT Bimmer View Post
Quote:
That's a crankcase vent hose. While I doubt that's causing your evap code, you should replace it anyway.
Ok - I wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification. There are other vent hoses that attach to the underside of the intake manifold. Could either of those be the problem? I'm just thinking about something I could have possibly broken.
If your a 328i, which it looks like you are based off your valve cover, those are actually the same hoses. It wraps around & under your manifold & splits off into 2 piece.
Thanks!

I did some more research, and it is pointing me to the gas cap or the evap emission fuel purge solenoid that sit under the intake. I'm wondering if I bumped that hose when installing the new starter.
Appreciate 0