BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Comments / experience with Lane Keep Assist

03-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #1
BMW4JJA
Rep
Drives: G30/bluestone/piano/sport

Comments / experience with Lane Keep Assist

Wondering if anyone has had the chance to test this feature on the G30? How well does it work keeping you in the center of the lane? How long before you must grab the steering wheel? Overall satisfaction?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
Jdubya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

I was going to get around to writing a full summary on it at some point, but here's my quick take: it is great. It was a little odd when I first started using it, as I'm not used to a "nanny" helping me drive, but the more you use it, the more you rely on it and the more helpful it is.

Coupled with the active cruise control it is great for stop and go traffic as well as high speed freeway runs.
Appreciate 1
ZigmundUK443.00
      03-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
Hansell
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90...E83...F25...G30 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya
I was going to get around to writing a full summary on it at some point, but here's my quick take: it is great. It was a little odd when I first started using it, as I'm not used to a "nanny" helping me drive, but the more you use it, the more you rely on it and the more helpful it is.

Coupled with the active cruise control it is great for stop and go traffic as well as high speed freeway runs.
nice. looking forward to getting mine even more... thanks
Appreciate 0