E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Anyone selling dynavin n6?

04-03-2017, 03:30 AM   #1
sparkymarky
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
Anyone selling dynavin n6?

Anyone thinking of selling? Just too expensive brand new for me.
      04-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkymarky View Post
Anyone thinking of selling? Just too expensive brand new for me.
Check the private owners sale tab in this forum. In there is an audio section. I have seen folks sell them from time to time
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
macdragonfl
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90

You might want to look at Xtrons, got one off of amazon, for $279, it's been in for a year no issues. You must have base system, no tweeters in front doors. They make two one android and another that is windows ce, I have the windows ce version because it copies the OEM style interface. It's pretty much plug and play. I also installed a rearview camera. It works great with the car computer adding door open graphics, no programing for the steering wheel, the can bus is included and just worked. They have awful instructions. Go on a forum if you need help. Xtrons Windows ce unit PF7290BGT

Last edited by macdragonfl; 05-10-2017 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50
      05-11-2017, 03:12 AM   #4
sparkymarky
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
Ah i have hifi not base. Thats a shame as i would prefer a windows ce version.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdragonfl View Post
You might want to look at Xtrons, got one off of amazon, for $279, it's been in for a year no issues. You must have base system, no tweeters in front doors. They make two one android and another that is windows ce, I have the windows ce version because it copies the OEM style interface. It's pretty much plug and play. I also installed a rearview camera. It works great with the car computer adding door open graphics, no programing for the steering wheel, the can bus is included and just worked. They have awful instructions. Go on a forum if you need help. Xtrons Windows ce unit PF7290BGT
A couple of things to consider on that unit (after going to their website):

Video playback is 1080p, but actual screen resolution is much lower than that (so you won't actually see 1080p, just a marketing claim since the unit can READ 1080p HD)

Audio output seems very low at 1.5V. Usually you'd want as high a number as possible, ideally 4-4.5V. Lower numbers mean needing to turn up the amp gain higher, which can introduce "noise".

Still curious how well this works, and how it compares to some of the newer android units.

Thanks for sharing!
      06-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #6
macdragonfl
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
A couple of things to consider on that unit (after going to their website):

Video playback is 1080p, but actual screen resolution is much lower than that (so you won't actually see 1080p, just a marketing claim since the unit can READ 1080p HD)

Audio output seems very low at 1.5V. Usually you'd want as high a number as possible, ideally 4-4.5V. Lower numbers mean needing to turn up the amp gain higher, which can introduce "noise".

Still curious how well this works, and how it compares to some of the newer android units.

Thanks for sharing!
Yes, the res is lower but a nonissue for me as I do not play video in the car and if I did the screen is so small it would not be an issue. The Android units are faster but I prefer the OEM style interface. I can modify Windows CE to enable or disable features easily. It actually sounds better than the original unit. I am going to replace speakers and run an amp from it next. It does not have hd radio like the factory one. So the actual radio sound is not as good in that instance. The iPod mode works well with my iPhone using lightning cable. The bluetooth works well even with it's built in microphone. It is not possible the way it mounts to the bottom flush as other units. For the money it's awesome. I did install a rearview camera with the unit. It adds door open and other system graphics and trip computer and compass. Can control heated seats if you have them. It does not come with the power lead antenna adapter had to buy that separately. There are a few compromises as noted but for $325 with a rearview cam and antenna adapter, it is hard to beat price wise. I used a license plate light pop in rear cam, not their's. My goal here was to do it as low as I could as this is a second car and may change or upgrade soon. It did not have to be removed to update computer when I got a new battery or give a fault so really happy about that.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Hey, appreciate the additional info!

Couple of questions based on some things you mentioned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdragonfl View Post
I can modify Windows CE to enable or disable features easily.

It actually sounds better than the original unit. I am going to replace speakers and run an amp from it next.

It is not possible the way it mounts to the bottom flush as other units.
1. what kind of features are you talking about controlling via Windows CE? I assume android has some flexibilty too, and curious of the pros/cons for either setup.

2. Keep us posted with you connect it with an amp... my comment about low voltages is only relevant when using the RCA outputs to an external amp, so I'm very interested to hear how that goes.

3. Not sure I understand this comment... are you just saying that it doesn't sit very flush at the bottom? This is someone common of standard double din fascias also.

Could you take a few pics of the unit installed? Maybe even a short video showing the Windows interface?

Thanks!!!! Really appreciate your feedback!
      06-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #8
macdragonfl
Rep

[QUOTE=Ali-323i;21774412]Hey, appreciate the additional info!

Couple of questions based on some things you mentioned:

1. what kind of features are you talking about controlling via Windows CE? I assume android has some flexibilty too, and curious of the pros/cons for either setup.

The unit uses IGO 8 for nav software its a generic program not dedicated to the unit. Some of the features were not operating such as day/ night mode. I could then go into the win ini and system files and force the feature. I use Mac but have extensive background in windows so know my way around the operating system. I have no knowledge of the Android OS and how to do that. If i had a Android phone for sure it would make sense to go with Android unit though.
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50