Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Another Wheel Fittment Question

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #1
DOHCTa
Rep
Drives: E90 325M

Another Wheel Fittment Question

Afternoon Lads,

I have just bought the wife a '08 325 Motorsport. Lovely car, but is just a little too plain for my likings.

I have trawled through pages and pages of forum, done god knows how many google searches, which has helped, but most posts which seem to be from the states deal with the LCI setup where as mine is a non LCI.

So, back to my question. I want to buy a set of VMR703's. I am importing these to NZ, so I need to make sure fitment is 100% and this doesn't eventuate into an expensive mistake. I want to avoid spacers (in NZ they are illegal unless certified which costs around $1000) but want an aggressive fitment.

From what I have read, the non LCI safely runs a 9.5 et 35 in the rear, and an 8 et 35 front. Though I want to run a 10" rear and possibly a 9" front.

If I go 10" rear I was thinking about opting for the 19x10 et 25 which sounds like might just fit, based on this guys who's running 19x10 et 24 95's on his pre LCI.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593421

This will be paired with a Falken FK452 275/30/19 which apparently is quite a narrow walled tire.

What would I run in the front offset wise for a 9" wheel? And what sized tire?

Has anyone run a 10" on a non LCI who could shead some light for me please?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 03:59 AM   #2
DOHCTa
Rep

No one has any feedback regarding the above?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Were you importing from? Australia?

I had V703's on my pre lci.

19x9.5 et 32 with 235/35
19x10 et 28 with 275/30

Was lowered on eibach pro kit. Barely rubbed in the rear.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 12:27 AM   #4
DOHCTa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM3Rrrr View Post
Were you importing from? Australia?

I had V703's on my pre lci.

19x9.5 et 32 with 235/35
19x10 et 28 with 275/30

Was lowered on eibach pro kit. Barely rubbed in the rear.
Hey man,

Thanks for your reply.

I was planning to get them direct from VMR in the states because I have a freight forwarding company in the US which will likely be cheaper than importing at full cost from Australia.

Would be really interested if you could answer a couple questions for me mate if you would...

If you had an ET 28 I'm assuming they were running spacers? We're your fenders rolled?

My 325 is a Motorsport and has standard motorsport suspension. How does eibach pro kit stack up to standard Motoraport height? Is it higher or lower do you know?

When it did rub was it with load in the back or without?

If it was rubbing with an et28... Sounds like it might with a 25 aye... Pending in the ride height of the different suspension setups...

Thanks for your help man
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep

First thing I would do is get ahold of Mars Performance in Victoria, they are a VMR authorized dealer and that's where I got my wheels. Just check and see how much the freight will be, you never know it might be cheaper.

Yes I had the 19x10 et38 with a 10mm spacer on the back.

There is some threads on here about eibach pro vs sport suspension. I recall people saying the eibach is slightly lower then sport suspension but not by much.

It rubbed with no load in the back. I didn't roll or pull the rears but im sure it would have fixed the issue. I honestly wouldn't go any further then et28 unless you plan to roll and or pull the rear fenders, et 25 you will for sure rub even on sports suspension.

In your other post you said spacers are "illegal" in NZ, are they truly illegal?
Just cause in AUS I had them on and took my car through inspection and it failed. The mechanic told me to take the spacers off and come back then next day and he would pass it. He told me he didn't care what I did to the car after it passed inspection but just for the inspection I couldn't have them on. So I guess they are kind of illegal here to.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 09:23 PM   #6
DOHCTa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM3Rrrr View Post
First thing I would do is get ahold of Mars Performance in Victoria, they are a VMR authorized dealer and that's where I got my wheels. Just check and see how much the freight will be, you never know it might be cheaper.

Yes I had the 19x10 et38 with a 10mm spacer on the back.

There is some threads on here about eibach pro vs sport suspension. I recall people saying the eibach is slightly lower then sport suspension but not by much.

It rubbed with no load in the back. I didn't roll or pull the rears but im sure it would have fixed the issue. I honestly wouldn't go any further then et28 unless you plan to roll and or pull the rear fenders, et 25 you will for sure rub even on sports suspension.

In your other post you said spacers are "illegal" in NZ, are they truly illegal?
Just cause in AUS I had them on and took my car through inspection and it failed. The mechanic told me to take the spacers off and come back then next day and he would pass it. He told me he didn't care what I did to the car after it passed inspection but just for the inspection I couldn't have them on. So I guess they are kind of illegal here to.
Thanks again for the response man, really helpful.

Spacers are not illegal in NZ, though like adjustable suspension, after market exhausts etc, they are strictly moderated and require a Low Volume Certification, a $800 process for some guy to have a look at your modification, ensure it is in alignment with required guidelines and rivet a plate on your car for the mods inspected. While it is a straight forward process it's ridiculously priced and not an option for this application, I'd sooner have the rears rolled than go down this rout.

As you have said the whole take them off for a WOF thing, I have done that kinda shit too long on other modified cars and tbh I don't have the time for it these days and I am now at an age where I prefer things to be legal, just in case...

So at ET 28 you still rubbed, so were talking 3mm. difference between the ET28 and the ET25 I'm considering, but you were also running a 275 as opposed to a 265 I will look to run... so it might end up that the fitment will be pretty similar even given the extra poke on my application?

From my research around here too, I think Eibach Pro gets your 15mm over standard sports and 30mm over standard non sport suspension, so I also have that in my side.

My biggest concern is it being undrivable with passengers in the rear. Did you ever have a full load in the back of yours on your setup and if so, how bad was it?

The other option I am toying with is flagging the 19x10's, running a 19x9.5 ET 22 which will reclaims another 3mm clearance to the fender, effectively the same poke as yours had with the et 28's ... Then run a 19x8.5 et 20 front which is the same at the 9.5 et 33. But don;t think this set up provides the concavity that I want from the wheels...

Tough decision.

Did you have any pics of your setup bro? Would love to check it out.

Thanks again for your help, will check out Mars Performance also.

T
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #7
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep

With 265 rear tire you will have a bit more stretch which will help you out for sure.

Like I said it rubs minor with only me in the car, but I have never had more then one person in the back and remember it was rubbing a lot more often (not bad but it was annoying for sure).
If you were to have a fully loaded car I could imagine it may rub a lot!

Best thing to do is get your rear fenders rolled regardless of wheel or tire size just to be on the safe side.

19x9.5 and 19x8.5 is standard, you will see a lot of guys running that setup on here. I went with 9.5" and 10" because I wanted concave. the 8.5" has little concave.

I'll take a look for some photos and post them
Appreciate 0