E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Lux Adjustable Angel Eyes colors not matching

04-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #1
Chrisavick
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i

Lux Adjustable Angel Eyes colors not matching

Hi All,

Wondering if I can get some help, I recently purchased a set of used Lux adjustable v5 angel eyes off another member and installed them last Friday. I've noticed though that no matter what setting I choose the angel eyes don't match each other. For example setting them at 5,700 has my passenger side a nice white where as my drivers side has a slight blue tint to it. I've triple checked that I have them both on the same settings and I cant seem to figure out why its doing it.

Has anybody had similar issues or can point me in the right direction as to how to fix it? I messaged LUX this morning but have not heard back as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
mikeycons
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16,M3

Garage List
2016   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisavick View Post
Hi All,

Wondering if I can get some help, I recently purchased a set of used Lux adjustable v5 angel eyes off another member and installed them last Friday. I've noticed though that no matter what setting I choose the angel eyes don't match each other. For example setting them at 5,700 has my passenger side a nice white where as my drivers side has a slight blue tint to it. I've triple checked that I have them both on the same settings and I cant seem to figure out why its doing it.

Has anybody had similar issues or can point me in the right direction as to how to fix it? I messaged LUX this morning but have not heard back as of yet.
i had the same problem but i would go down to 5000k because 5700 is where you get tints of blue, the only problem i have is that the outer rings are really dull even at night.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

I just replied to your PM as well about this. I recommend checking the LED's to see if they are damaged at all. Damaged to the clear dome of the LED will impact the color of the light.
Appreciate 0