E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Free Maps for 335s

04-19-2017, 11:05 PM   #1
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335I

Free Maps for 335s

Just showing you guys how the N54 guys get down, why don't we have this kind of support here in the N55 forum?

I tend to lurk around over there because the N54 platform has more support for development on our platforms (well theirs mostly) but some of the things can crossover as support for our platforms as well.

They even have routine giveaways of turbos and whatnot from Vargas, I asked about him doing something here and he said he have not forgotten about us.

Well, I just thought I'd share what's going down even though I know you can see it for yourself, who knows maybe some of you guys might even venture to try some of this stuff on your own cars or modify/make Maps for our cars based on what you find here>

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gso843e48...61s7McCva?dl=0
Mods: MHD Stg 2, xHP Flashtool Stage 3, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Megan 4" Downpipes, Pure N55 Inlet, Outlet, VSRF 5" Stepped Intercooler, GFB Diverter, BMS N55 Intake, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, CF Spoiler, CF Kidney Grille, CF Mirror Covers, CF Eyelids, CF Wheel Hub Covers, CF Diffuser, M Sport Racing Strip, 20% Tints, and Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #2
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
We do have a thread about self tuning and there are a few brave souls diving in to it. We have a much smaller installed base than the N54's, so there will be less people to chip in. We just have to hope that one of the guys gets a solid base map and is willing to share it and become the hero here.

The first thing we need is to get all of the maps defined and a clear process of how they work together. This is usually a group project because of the work involved, but we don't have enough people outside of a business with this knowledge to be able to split the work up. Now if a bunch of us chipped in $5 or $10 each and made a kitty for the 1 or 2 guys that really are figuring things out, it might give them some incentive to put all of the material together for us. This would obviously be just a rough starting point, but it would be much better than starting with a stock map and not knowing where to start.
2011 335Xi 6AT - VRSF catless DP - VRSF 7" FMIC with turbo inlet pipe - VRSF chargepipe - Pure Stage 1 turbo - JB4 - E30 - xHP Stage 3 - Strongflex tension bushings - Whiteline RSFB - UUC rear swaybar
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
AtlasM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
N54 has had MHD for a while now vs. it's been a few months for N55 and still in beta.
Appreciate 0