BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Can't Enable Upper Air Vent Setting for Passenger

04-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
Skwinglos
Private
Rep
Drives: MG M2; HD 2500

Can't Enable Upper Air Vent Setting for Passenger

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but for whatever reason I can't get the climate control settings to show that the passenger upper air vents are enabled.

Here's a pic:

I tried sitting in the passenger seat, blast the settings, made sure the split in the center is set to 50/50, and made sure the vents were physically open. No matter what I didn't I couldn't make the passenger setting look like the driver settings. The picture was taken with me in the passenger seat.

Air is coming out correctly from all the vents and I can control them with the manual vent controls on the dash but I can't get the split to show up correctly on the screen.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
Skwinglos
Private
Rep

Nevermind.

Checked the full owners manual and it turns out that upper line represents "Windows" and it's only supported on the drivers side.
Appreciate 4
PiK61.00
MR_M2517.50
mjsaville101.00
Aronis2268.50
      04-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
mjsaville
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LLB - Arrived 4th Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwinglos View Post
Hello Everyone,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but for whatever reason I can't get the climate control settings to show that the passenger upper air vents are enabled.

Here's a pic:

I tried sitting in the passenger seat, blast the settings, made sure the split in the center is set to 50/50, and made sure the vents were physically open. No matter what I didn't I couldn't make the passenger setting look like the driver settings. The picture was taken with me in the passenger seat.

Air is coming out correctly from all the vents and I can control them with the manual vent controls on the dash but I can't get the split to show up correctly on the screen.

Any ideas?
Noticed this the other day and thought it odd - Glad some else has figured it out.

The other gripe I have is if you adjust the temp on the driver side you then have to adjust the temp on the passenger side to match. Is there anyway the driver side temp adjust can also alter the passenger side at the same time? My Audi S5 did it by depressing the driver side temp button for a couple of seconds and then both temps would be sync'd , anyone.....?

MJ
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2017, 08:27 AM   #4
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsaville View Post
Noticed this the other day and thought it odd - Glad some else has figured it out.

The other gripe I have is if you adjust the temp on the driver side you then have to adjust the temp on the passenger side to match. Is there anyway the driver side temp adjust can also alter the passenger side at the same time? My Audi S5 did it by depressing the driver side temp button for a couple of seconds and then both temps would be sync'd , anyone.....?

MJ
I believe this was mentioned in another thread and they don't have the sync on the M2...seems like most new cars have this, but M2 doesn't. Odd

Last edited by hshot_rooke; 04-25-2017 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 2
      04-25-2017, 11:26 AM   #5
Skwinglos
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post
I believe this was mentioned in another thread and they don't have the sync on the M2...seems like most new cars have this, but M2 doesn't. Odd
Yup.

When searching for hits on my issue all the posts I found were about climate sync not being on the M2. Strange indeed.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #6
mjsaville
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LLB - Arrived 4th Mar 2017

Great feedback people, but genuinely unimpressed given the value of the car.

My OCD is now hitting high gear again. Need to find some meds before I just black out the digital displays and let my agitation return to normal levels.....

Seriously, that is a crock....

MJ
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #7
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

C'mon....no sync on the temp....OMG.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #8
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN

Funny, I'll take some of those meds as well. It's not really a problem when you have a passenger in the car as they can set it to what they want as intended. BUT, when I'm driving solo I shouldn't have to dick around with two knobs!

On the OP topic, that one got me yesterday when out with my wife. I kept pushing the RH side button frantically and the upper swoosh arrow thingy in the display would not light up. I was certain it was broken or something and had to stop and play with the entire system repeatedly to no avail. I swear I had seen it light up before. Luckily, my wife had her head on straight and talked me down. Then I had a epiphany.....why would the passenger be controlling the defroster?....there is only one vent up there, right? It's the stupid buttons fault, it is convincing you that the arrow should light up, but it doesn't. Another cost cutting thing, why mfg two different buttons for RH and LH drive cars. I feel better now.....
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #9
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
I have three Bimmers, including the M2, and none of them will sync the driver and passenger temps. I guess it's a BMW thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #10
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN

Maybe it's a model year thing. 2013 X1 has an "all" button central RH knob to sync, where max a/c resides on M2.
Appreciate 0