BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding BMW Connected App on Android

05-02-2017, 07:38 AM   #1
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

BMW Connected App on Android

I have a Samsung S7 running Android version 7.0. My car has enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging.
I have downloaded the two BMW Connected apps from Google Play Store. I can register the car using the vin number but I can't seem to get the car to connect to the app. I can get screen mirroring to work. Everything else from phone calls to text messages work.
When I use my wife's iPhone it connects.
I tried my phone in the dealers demo model which also had enhanced Bluetooth and I got it to connect. They are not very tech savvy at the dealership and don't have a cure.
Has anybody had any luck using BMW Connected App with their Android phone?
Any advice welcomed.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 07:48 AM   #2
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
I have a Samsung S7 running Android version 7.0. My car has enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging.
I have downloaded the two BMW Connected apps from Google Play Store. I can register the car using the vin number but I can't seem to get the car to connect to the app. I can get screen mirroring to work. Everything else from phone calls to text messages work.
When I use my wife's iPhone it connects.
I tried my phone in the dealers demo model which also had enhanced Bluetooth and I got it to connect. They are not very tech savvy at the dealership and don't have a cure.
Has anybody had any luck using BMW Connected App with their Android phone?
Any advice welcomed.
Yes, I have Galaxy Note 4 - I have Remote services which opened up all the functionality..

But even before I had that, I could connect to car and see basic stats (Miles traveled, fuel left etc. Oil changes due that type of thing..

Remote services lets you open doors, lock the car turn lights on, and cool the car down remotely
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:34 AM   #3
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Yes, I have Galaxy Note 4 - I have Remote services which opened up all the functionality..

But even before I had that, I could connect to car and see basic stats (Miles traveled, fuel left etc. Oil changes due that type of thing..

Remote services lets you open doors, lock the car turn lights on, and cool the car down remotely
Can I ask what app you were using. I was talking to the genius in my dealership. He said to delete the BMW Connected Classic App and use the new BMW Connected App. When I deleted the Classic App the car did recognise the newer Connected App. However it still can't locate the car and it really does nothing as there are no apps with it. All it allows you do is send an address via BMW Messaging to the in car Navigation.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:59 AM   #4
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Can I ask what app you were using. I was talking to the genius in my dealership. He said to delete the BMW Connected Classic App and use the new BMW Connected App. When I deleted the Classic App the car did recognise the newer Connected App. However it still can't locate the car and it really does nothing as there are no apps with it. All it allows you do is send an address via BMW Messaging to the in car Navigation.
BMW Connected [https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onnected&hl=en]

In your car have to first enable it to be 'found' by clicking the checkbox in your car (I think under communication - BMW connected services options).

You need a remote services subscription (£50 one off), and you need to register your car via the online BMW Connected portal first too...
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #5
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
BMW Connected [https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onnected&hl=en]

In your car have to first enable it to be 'found' by clicking the checkbox in your car (I think under communication - BMW connected services options).

You need a remote services subscription (£50 one off), and you need to register your car via the online BMW Connected portal first too...
Thanks for that. When I click on BMW Connected the car can see the App but I still can't get even get basic stats such as fuel left or km's travelled. I have ticked everything that I have seen.

Might get the remote services subscription anyway as it will not break the bank (€80 here in Ireland). Not sure it will do much though.
Appreciate 0