BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Dr. Beasely Nano Resin

05-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Dr. Beasely Nano Resin

Anyone have experience using this product? I clayed, mini-polish, and cleaned the car with 5:1 alcohol.

I applied a very generous layer of Dr. Beasely nano resin. Supposedly a little goes a long way, but I ended up using 3/4th of the bottle to coat the whole car. LBB and in a lighted garage I had a hard time seeing when it flashed. I basically ended up waiting between 20-35 mins to wipe. I never saw an iridescent coloring which I think was due to lighting and the LBB color.

Question, can you add multiple coats of Dr. Beasely and if so how long should I wait? I applied last night around 10PM and want to do another coat around the same time tonight.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-08-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
drbeasleys
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: TLC

Dr. Beasley's Nano-Resin

Hi there,
Glad to see you're using Nano-Resin to protect your paint. Sometimes it's hard to see the iridescent part of the flashing process, but waiting 20-35 minutes before wiping is perfect. You can apply multiple coats of Nano, though it's not totally necessary. We usually apply one coat, wait an hour, and apply another to make sure we covered everything. One coat will protect your paint from 2-3 years with proper maintenance. The blue paint looks gorgeous, love that photo. If you have any other questions, let us know. We're always happy to help.
-Dr. Beasley's
Appreciate 2
Mr 294.00
JustChris17423.00
      05-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #3
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Thank you @Dr.Beasely, the nano resin was really easy to apply. I ended up adding another coat. Once it cured it feels super slick. I can't wait to see the water beading properties!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #4
Rock Sweden
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbeasleys View Post
Hi there,
Glad to see you're using Nano-Resin to protect your paint. Sometimes it's hard to see the iridescent part of the flashing process, but waiting 20-35 minutes before wiping is perfect. You can apply multiple coats of Nano, though it's not totally necessary. We usually apply one coat, wait an hour, and apply another to make sure we covered everything. One coat will protect your paint from 2-3 years with proper maintenance. The blue paint looks gorgeous, love that photo. If you have any other questions, let us know. We're always happy to help.
-Dr. Beasley's
Im applying nano-resin & it seems to evaporate within a minute leaving no trace its on the panel. I prepped with clay, polish and a 20% IPA wipe down. I measured panel temperature with an infared thermometer and panels are averaging 89f degrees.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 06:03 AM   #5
Rock Sweden
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Washed my car yesterday for the 1st time since applying nano-resin. The hydrophobic properties are amazing and bugs easily removed. I shot a quick video of rinsing with PW.

https://instagram.com/p/BXdWD5dju3P/
Appreciate 0