E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW Software Updates

05-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #1
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
BMW Software Updates

Quick question - how do I find out what software version my DDE is running, and what version BMW/Mini are now on. I asked the question in my local main dealer & they looked at me with suspicion (the old 'why do you want to know that' squint). I have a fully functioning INPA/Ediabas which I'm happy to use for reads.
They eventually told me that they don't update individual modules, they update the whole car only, and they take no liability for bricking modules. So, anyone got any experience?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 05:52 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Yes any dealer can check whether your software version is the current one. To be fair to my dealer, after they checked (and found there was an update due) they said in their experience, unless there is something wrong with the car, you're better off leaving well alone.

The (non-reversible) 'upgrades' often change settings you didn't want changed and are more trouble than they're worth. And they charge you £170 for the privilege by the way.

In my case, I decided to walk away...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
My local main dealer changes £120 incl VAT, whereas my local indy asked for £199 + VAT!
Appreciate 0