2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Catless Downpipe LA Area

05-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
mr-crown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i Msport

Catless Downpipe LA Area

Hello All,

Hope everyone is well.

I am in the process of purchasing several mods for my car, one being a catless downpipe. It may be a lot to ask but is there anyone with a F10 535i with a catless downpipe installed that I can ride in? I am in the LA area.(I'm hearing mixed things on the smell and want to get a first hand experience on how bad this may be). If anyone is willing I would greatly appreciate it!

-Brian
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-crown View Post
Hello All,

Hope everyone is well.

I am in the process of purchasing several mods for my car, one being a catless downpipe. It may be a lot to ask but is there anyone with a F10 535i with a catless downpipe installed that I can ride in? I am in the LA area.(I'm hearing mixed things on the smell and want to get a first hand experience on how bad this may be). If anyone is willing I would greatly appreciate it!

-Brian
you're only going to smell it with the windows down, sitting at a light, when the wind happens to blow your exhaust fumes into the cabin. otherwise it is not going to be an issue. if the smell is excessive, usually it points toward a leaking downpipe gasket.

do you plan to keep the rest of your exhaust system stock? this is a good setup. great sound when you really get on the throttle, but drone free and almost stock while cruising.

sorry I could not directly answer your question. I strongly suggest you post over at the f30 section and find someone that has your engine (n55) but in the f30 with a downpipe - you'll have better chances of finding someone and it will give you just as good of an idea.

good luck
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 05:32 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8-6IX View Post
you're only going to smell it with the windows down, sitting at a light, when the wind happens to blow your exhaust fumes into the cabin. otherwise it is not going to be an issue. if the smell is excessive, usually it points toward a leaking downpipe gasket.

do you plan to keep the rest of your exhaust system stock? this is a good setup. great sound when you really get on the throttle, but drone free and almost stock while cruising.
+1

If you are worried about smell, get the AR catted downpipe.
You still get 100% of the performance, a sound increase and no smell at all

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0