E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Advice - What is my car worth?

05-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
ln1234
Rep
Drives: 320i MSport Auto

Advice - What is my car worth?

Hello Chaps,

Bit of a nieve post, but I wanted to pick your brains, and get some rough ballpark figures of what my car would be worth for a part-ex, and on the 2nd hand market. It's an 06 320i MSport (Auto) in Black with the upgraded 18" Wheels. Mileage is 9500 (nine thousand), and there are no other extras (all other MSport spec is present though).

I bought it as an ex-demonstrator when it was 6 months old, so I know i'm going to be hit with some depreciation, but also looking to trade up to one of the new efficient dynamics models.

Appreciate your comments.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #2
nomis
Private
Rep
Drives: 123d M-Sport

Hi,

Try looking on Glasses guide for a rough estimate

http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/sc...=b&sessionid=0

Like you, I am thinking of part exchanging my June 06 320Dse (16k miles). Glasses say its worth £16.4K.

After a few enquiries with several dealers, part exchange figures of 15K (wtf!!) were being bandied around.

I think it depends on what you want to part exchange it against (I'm after a demonstrator 123D Coupe which retails between 24K - 26K). I'm more interested in the cost to change figure and in my case, its currently about 8.5K to a more typical (and unreasonable) 9K. If it comes down to 8K for an exchange, then I will go for it.

Good luck anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 05:37 AM   #3
ln1234
Rep
Drives: 320i MSport Auto

Thanks Nomis.

A Part Ex figures of 15k sounds really low for your car, but you're right the 'cost to change' figure is probably more relevant. I want to get a new 'edition' model, so not sure if the dealer would give any discounts on the 'new' price, whilst also giving me a good deal on the p/ex. It might be worth selling it privately for the glasses value, and ordering a new car from the likes of broadspeed.

I'll go and see a couple of dealers and see what they say.

Cheers
Appreciate 0