THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning M2 exhaust on M240?

06-02-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
K9GunSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 MG 6-Spd

M2 exhaust on M240?

Hey all, i have been trying to look this up on the forums but I'm a little confused on what i found.

some people had to customize their diffusors, others had to customize the muffler. I've heard of some people just needing the clamp from bmw and to switch out the M240 exhaust hangers to the M235 ones..

just wanted to see if anyone could give me the info i needed.

i am thinking about buying a m2 exhaust, maybe just the muffler or the muffler with center pipe, rear muffler, and exhaust valve actuator.

Any thoughts on this? and would i gain the actual M2 exhaust sounds?

i was thinking of just going with the Dinan Midpipe but am contemplating this as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 04:59 AM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9GunSlinger View Post
Hey all, i have been trying to look this up on the forums but I'm a little confused on what i found.

some people had to customize their diffusors, others had to customize the muffler. I've heard of some people just needing the clamp from bmw and to switch out the M240 exhaust hangers to the M235 ones..

i am thinking about buying a m2 exhaust, maybe just the muffler or the muffler with center pipe, rear muffler, and exhaust valve actuator.

i was thinking of just going with the Dinan Midpipe but am contemplating this as well.
Have a read of this thread

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357273

07-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
M5 Monster
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9GunSlinger View Post

Yes you need the clamp and the hangers. PM me if you need one M2 Muffler or have any more question.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #4
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I just fitted an M2 exhaust on my 240i. Sounds fantastic. Was going to cut off the inner quad pipe, but a quick sound test showed that you need the quad pipes for the true sound.

For an M240i, just make sure you buy an M2 exhaust that has enough length. Mine was joined just in front of the M2 resonator can. You will find it difficult to match the two pipes with a shorter M2 section, as the pipes take quite a different route from the tunnel brace back.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 02:34 AM   #5
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I just fitted an M2 exhaust on my 240i. Sounds fantastic. Was going to cut off the inner quad pipe, but a quick sound test showed that you need the quad pipes for the true sound.

For an M240i, just make sure you buy an M2 exhaust that has enough length. Mine was joined just in front of the M2 resonator can. You will find it difficult to match the two pipes with a shorter M2 section, as the pipes take quite a different route from the tunnel brace back.
what did you do for the rear diffuser to accept the quad tips?
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 05:51 AM   #6
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post

what did you do for the rear diffuser to accept the quad tips?
For now, I cut the standard bumper insert to take the inner tips. Outer tips fit tight in standard cut-outs.

When I decide on a new diffuser, I will probably make a custom insert.
Appreciate 1
Hasser446.50