F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 Air Suspension Thread
Extreme Powerhouse

06-08-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
Milkshakies
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [10.00]
Arrow please delete.

please delete.

Last edited by Milkshakies; 06-05-2021 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 03:36 AM   #2
MrMarvin
electrified
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 330e -17

I don't have bags on my car, but i'm very interested with how the car behaves with bags. Is the ride better? I mean, all the luxury mercs have bags and they have fantastic but mushy ride quality.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 05:43 AM   #3
daryl rsv4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

I went with Air lift 3p. Pretty much the best setup on the market right now. So far, so good. I have always been on springs or coil overs, but wanted to go with bags and glad I did. Once my camber arms get here, I can dial in my settings. I went with a somewhat simple trunk set up. I'll be adding a sub enclosure, reason for hanging my air tank.

Appreciate 2
bmbweber235.50
smallba73.00
      06-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #4
Bimmer_pnoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl rsv4 View Post
I went with Air lift 3p. Pretty much the best setup on the market right now. So far, so good. I have always been on springs or coil overs, but wanted to go with bags and glad I did. Once my camber arms get here, I can dial in my settings. I went with a somewhat simple trunk set up. I'll be adding a sub enclosure, reason for hanging my air tank.

Beautiful set-up man. If you don't mind me asking did you do-it-yourself or did an independent shop install it? I'm curious because I'm also thinking about the 3P system on my 335 (F30).
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
daryl rsv4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_pnoy View Post
Beautiful set-up man. If you don't mind me asking did you do-it-yourself or did an independent shop install it? I'm curious because I'm also thinking about the 3P system on my 335 (F30).
Thank you. I had a shop do it..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 01:45 AM   #6
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarvin View Post
I don't have bags on my car, but i'm very interested with how the car behaves with bags. Is the ride better? I mean, all the luxury mercs have bags and they have fantastic but mushy ride quality.
Why would someone use air suspension....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 05:47 PM   #7
N3M35IS
Team Nemesis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M COMP

My trunk setup :

1st version on bags

2nd version

My current setup
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_pnoy View Post
Thank you. I had a shop do it..
Quote:

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/1412rex.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/6zvjoz.jpg[/IMG]
Car looks beautiful bro! Any more pics? I'm curious to see that quad exhaust setup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarvin View Post
Why would someone use air suspension....
Why not? Airlift rides and handles amazing and give you the ability to ride low with the convenience of touching a button to go over bumps/inclines. Your question shows your ignorance towards the subject
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 12:42 AM   #9
daryl rsv4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbweber View Post
Car looks beautiful bro! Any more pics? I'm curious to see that quad exhaust setup!

Why not? Airlift rides and handles amazing and give you the ability to ride low with the convenience of touching a button to go over bumps/inclines. Your question shows your ignorance towards the subject

Appreciatie it man. I don't have many other pictures as it's just been sitting in the garage waiting on my camber arms to come in. They're just tips, performance wise just going with Bootmod3, DP & CP.

Exactly. Static is cool but gets old after awhile. Btw, I moved from Chicago 3 years ago, don't miss the shitty weather and weak car scene.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 06:39 AM   #10
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:

Quote:
Appreciatie it man. I don't have many other pictures as it's just been sitting in the garage waiting on my camber arms to come in. They're just tips, performance wise just going with Bootmod3, DP & CP.

Exactly. Static is cool but gets old after awhile. Btw, I moved from Chicago 3 years ago, don't miss the shitty weather and weak car scene.
Really? Guess those engineers at BMW overlooked air ride suspensions for performance and handling. I thought air lift suspensions were just for the fo' sho crowd.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #11
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Really? Guess those engineers at BMW overlooked air ride suspensions for performance and handling. I thought air lift suspensions were just for the fo' sho crowd.
Clearly you've never driven a car with a proper air setup...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #12
daryl rsv4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

If you don't like it, why are you in this thread?
Appreciate 2
      07-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #13
erik_m3g80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 Competition

Quote:

Which camber arms you had ordered? I am from Germany and have a airlift 3h system and very happy with this setup. And now I am looking for camberarms but don't know which exactly I need
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #14
daryl rsv4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Megan MRS-BM-311 and MRS-BM- 320.
Appreciate 0