E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Is this Normal ? please see attached

06-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
CBR1000RRSP
Rep
Drives: 335i

Is this Normal ? please see attached

Hello ,

Community i have a 2008 E90 sedan 335i and i would like some input as i have received contradictory answers . Long story short , going single , took off my stockers , and i see this ? Is this normal ? The space between the " OIL PAN " and the " BLOCK " some say it is ? The last 2 pics in the file I got online to try to do a comparison but its hard to tell if there is a gap . Can someone really confirm 100 % . I am not sure at all , i would say it dont look right either . All the oil pan bolts are secure going all the way around , It just the little strip that obvoiusly looks elevated ? Can someone with the same vehicle verify is this is normal . Any input or feedback is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Oil PAN PICS.pdf (200.4 KB, 61 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Wrong section

But to answer your questions:
- There should be little to no gap. Sump goes on flush. But if it isnt leaking it should be fine, could be just an illusion.
- The transmission bolts are not in yet? Or is it just the pics? Follow the specified order of tightening to ensure the sump goes on straight and flat. If you tighten the sump to block/bedplate bolts first then then transmission bolts are usually impossible to even start.

Last edited by juld0zer; 06-09-2017 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0