E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > SCALE coilovers installed

06-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
ssphil
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & F10 550i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
1995 BMW 530i  [10.00]
SCALE coilovers installed

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a set of brand new Scale coilovers and I haven't seen a lot of e9x guys (if any) that are running these so I thought I'd give you guys my opinion.

First, these are the Innovative Series coilovers, which from what I've read on various forums, is their most popular product. I bought them with the camber plates, stainless steel hardware and their "gravitational bearing" upgrade for the front. It cost me $1914cad (roughly $1340usd). They feature adjustable ride height, adjustable spring preload and 12-way adjustable shock damping.

Installation was very easy, the most difficult part being removing the front struts with the stock springs without damaging my fenders. Scale calls for 5mm spring preload, but my tire was rubbing a bit on the lock rings. I attribute this to the fact that I am running a 255/35/19 MPS4S on a 8.5x19 35 offset wheel. Anyway, a 5 or 8 mm spacer will probably fix that issue but for now I just turned the lock rings higher to a 20mm preload.

These coilovers make it really easy to adjust both sides the same with their scaled systems. I was finally able to adjust the front and reear wheels to the same height!

The ride quality is better than I expected, even with the 20mm spring preload at the front! Those are definitely quality coilovers. I adjusted the damping at 8 front, 10 rear (12 being the hardest setting). When I get my spacers, I'll bring my preload back to 5mm and I expect the ride quality to be even better.

In conclusion, I am very satisfied with these coilovers and I would recommend them anytime.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssphil View Post
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a set of brand new Scale coilovers and I haven't seen a lot of e9x guys (if any) that are running these so I thought I'd give you guys my opinion.

First, these are the Innovative Series coilovers, which from what I've read on various forums, is their most popular product. I bought them with the camber plates, stainless steel hardware and their "gravitational bearing" upgrade for the front. It cost me $1914cad (roughly $1340usd). They feature adjustable ride height, adjustable spring preload and 12-way adjustable shock damping.

Installation was very easy, the most difficult part being removing the front struts with the stock springs without damaging my fenders. Scale calls for 5mm spring preload, but my tire was rubbing a bit on the lock rings. I attribute this to the fact that I am running a 255/35/19 MPS4S on a 8.5x19 35 offset wheel. Anyway, a 5 or 8 mm spacer will probably fix that issue but for now I just turned the lock rings higher to a 20mm preload.

These coilovers make it really easy to adjust both sides the same with their scaled systems. I was finally able to adjust the front and reear wheels to the same height!

The ride quality is better than I expected, even with the 20mm spring preload at the front! Those are definitely quality coilovers. I adjusted the damping at 8 front, 10 rear (12 being the hardest setting). When I get my spacers, I'll bring my preload back to 5mm and I expect the ride quality to be even better.

In conclusion, I am very satisfied with these coilovers and I would recommend them anytime.
Are the dampers digressive like bilsteins or fortune auto and will they fit xi
Appreciate 0