BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
aalfayez
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M

BMW 1M Cobb Logs

Hey guys,

I don't really know how to read logs and interpret the numbers associated with each parameter. It would be great if someone would check my logs out and inform me whether they look healthy or not (COBB AP was used for logging)

The car feels hesitant sometimes under acceleration, I haven't change the plugs and coils in a long time but plan on doing so very soon. I have my mods listed in the signature and the ambient temperature outside today was 98f (very humid too)

I did 2 pulls ~30 mins apart and couldn't take it further than ~5800 rpm as I ran out of road

Any help is greatly appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: pdf datalog9.pdf (44.0 KB, 112 views)
File Type: pdf datalog7.pdf (42.3 KB, 462 views)
BSM 1M, H&R Adjustable Coilovers, Sachs Ceramic Racing Clutch, Aquamist 50/50 Meth Injection, MHD Custom Tune, VRSF Inlets, Cobb Intercooler, Cobb High Flow Downpipes, Cobb Chargpipe, Meisterschaft Axle-back, Magnaflow Midpipe
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Guessing here, but check your Lambda values (bank 1 and 2). I believe this indicates fuel pressure. They should return to a nominal value when off throttle. If these are off it could indicated injector or pump related problems?

For comparison I show 235.2 off throttle and ~13.5 WOT.

Good luck,
Dave
      06-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Can you post a datazap link?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #4
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Guessing here, but check your Lambda values (bank 1 and 2). I believe this indicates fuel pressure. They should return to a nominal value when off throttle. If these are off it could indicated injector or pump related problems?

For comparison I show 235.2 off throttle and ~13.5 WOT.

Good luck,
Dave
Lambda is air/fuel ratio...
Appreciate 1
Amnizu19.50
      06-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
aalfayez
Rep

I should've used Datazap from the beginning it's much better and it should make it easier for you guys to view the logs

Here's the link: http://www.datazap.me/u/aalfayez/log...4-5-6-7-8-9-14
BSM 1M, H&R Adjustable Coilovers, Sachs Ceramic Racing Clutch, Aquamist 50/50 Meth Injection, MHD Custom Tune, VRSF Inlets, Cobb Intercooler, Cobb High Flow Downpipes, Cobb Chargpipe, Meisterschaft Axle-back, Magnaflow Midpipe
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #6
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalfayez View Post
I should've used Datazap from the beginning it's much better and it should make it easier for you guys to view the logs

Here's the link: http://www.datazap.me/u/aalfayez/log...4-5-6-7-8-9-14
Can you provide any more data channels (e.g., lambda, timing, throttle position, etc)? Also, try logging from 2k to 6k rpm in 3rd gear using full throttle with DSC disabled (not just on MDM). What you've shown so far doesn't look bad, but it's hard to really understand what's going on.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #7
aalfayez
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Racer View Post
Can you provide any more data channels (e.g., lambda, timing, throttle position, etc)? Also, try logging from 2k to 6k rpm in 3rd gear using full throttle with DSC disabled (not just on MDM). What you've shown so far doesn't look bad, but it's hard to really understand what's going on.
I'll try to do that today but the problem is I don't have stretch of road that's long enough to do a WOT third gear pull without it having speed bumps or cameras . I think traction was off during those logs... it's never on when I drive
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #8
aalfayez
Rep

Or I might just wait until I switch over to MhD in a couple of weeks. I believe you can even log more parameters using that over Cobb.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #9
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I am not able to read my own logs very well, especially for trouble shooting, sorry.

Having said that, can you describe the hesitation better? Do you have any codes? Misfires don't always throw codes, but if you have the codes it would help. Are you on the original injectors?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #10
aalfayez
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I am not able to read my own logs very well, especially for trouble shooting, sorry.

Having said that, can you describe the hesitation better? Do you have any codes? Misfires don't always throw codes, but if you have the codes it would help. Are you on the original injectors?
When I think of it I don't think hesitation was the right word to use, the car just feels different every pull. I would do a pull and feel the car is running very strong and then do another and feel it's not performing well... I don't think I can really descrbe it to be honest... but the car just feels hard to drive smoothly sometimes too

I'm still on stock injectors
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #11
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
When I think of it I don't think hesitation was the right word to use, the car just feels different every pull. I would do a pull and feel the car is running very strong and then do another and feel it's not performing well... I don't think I can really descrbe it to be honest... but the car just feels hard to drive smoothly sometimes too

I'm still on stock injectors
It may just be learning, or it may not be the map most suited to your mods. I tried stage 1 and stage 2 and both felt about the same.

Then I went with a custom tune and it was night and day!
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #12
aalfayez
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
It may just be learning, or it may not be the map most suited to your mods. I tried stage 1 and stage 2 and both felt about the same.

Then I went with a custom tune and it was night and day!
I think it's a combination of different things other than learning as I've had the car for a while now. First of all the ceramic clutch plays a very big role in smoothness and driveability (but I don't really mind it as I enjoy driving a car with a clutch that's hard to operate)

Second, as you mentioned, is that my car doesn't really like my current map too much. I'm going to switch over to MHD soon and get a custom tune so I think that would help a lot power and driveability wise.

What tune do you have on your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #13
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:

What tune do you have on your car?
See Sig.

BuraQ can tune using your logs via email with either MHD or Cobb. It may be worth reaching out to him before paying for MHD. There are many advantages to MHD, but I stayed with Cobb because I like the device itself and am 100% IOS, so I would have had to buy an android device just to use MHD and it never quite seemed worth it to me.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #14
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Agreed. BQ seems to have better (less iterative) results with Cobb, but can do some nice things with MHD as well. Might as well try working with Cobb if you already have it.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #15
aalfayez
Rep

I'm usually on my phone so I can't see signatures unless I go to your page. I'm still trying to get used to this website

I think I'm going to switch to mhd anyway as it has more features. I'll install everything and contact Buraq to see what we can do.
Appreciate 0