F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2 months with 6MT 340i xdrive w/MPPSK
ARMA SPEED

06-29-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
JDMAF
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i 6MT xdrive, 2015 STi

2 months with 6MT 340i xdrive w/MPPSK

Thought I'd post some thoughts on the car which I leased new 2 months ago. I wrote a one month review and described how I was a bit disappointed with the performance coming from a medium modded STi. Well after another month of living with the car I can definitely say it is growing on me.

Still love the quiet and refinement - comfort mode is very peaceful and I have to stay that stop start technology works beautifully with the manual transmission. I'm averaging 22.4 mpg which includes about 50% manhattan traffic.

Sport mode - gaining an appreciation for the upper rpms of the B58. It seems to be opening up now. = I have 3000 miles. MPPSK also seems more open and "burbley" - yesterday I finally experienced the "gunshot."

Front splitter - cracked the thing after 3 weeks of ownership on crappy NYC roads (mind you the lip on my STi was lower and I never injured it after 4 years) - I now have a black replacement being installed (couldn't do it myself, that oem is hard to get off!) my original was painted body color (alpine white) and I wanted black anyway so the spoiler Gods have granted my wish.

Anyway - I am liking the car a lot more and really appreciate how nice a mix of performance and refinement it truly is. O and the manual is the BOMB!
Appreciate 3
2turboBMW115.50
jalkster220.00
CJ4211559.00
      06-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
2turboBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Good to hear it's finally growing on you. I can relate as I'm coming from a modded Golf R. The BMW isn't as loud (although it sounds better imo) and it doesn't kick as hard when the turbo is fully spooled. But that low end torque is so nice.

Hoping my exhaust breaks in/opens up more too. I have the Dinan midpipe with stock muffler and while it sounds good I'd like little more of the burble and pops.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
JDMAF
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i 6MT xdrive, 2015 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2turboBMW View Post
Good to hear it's finally growing on you. I can relate as I'm coming from a modded Golf R. The BMW isn't as loud (although it sounds better imo) and it doesn't kick as hard when the turbo is fully spooled. But that low end torque is so nice.

Hoping my exhaust breaks in/opens up more too. I have the Dinan midpipe with stock muffler and while it sounds good I'd like little more of the burble and pops.

my brother has a Golf R with neuspeed chip and double clutch auto - man is that thing fast. Very tough to pass with my STi - I think mostly because of the transmission - really nice car.

For me the bimmer is in a different league and really never beats on the driver - like my STi did. Just a very pleasant place to be in.
Appreciate 0