E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > hotchkis swaybar endlink

07-03-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
lvb125
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i

hotchkis swaybar endlink

Looking into adjustable swaybar endlinks for my bilstein b12 setup. How much longer/shorter are the hotchkis 25834 compare to the oem RWD endlinks? Also appreciate any user experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
AtlasM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
I have the Hotchkis rear links on my car. Can't use their front links since I have an xi. I've been totally happy with them. They were short enough to get the bar properly located after lowering.

The Hotchkis front links use ball joints on both ends, but their rear links use an exposed heim joint on one end. Exposed heim joints need to be periodically greased or they make awful noises. I put Seals-It rod end boots on the heim joints on the Hotchkis links and packed them with hi-temp marine grease. They've been silent for the year that I've had them. I have Ground Control front links which have exposed heim joints that don't work with the boots, and I needed to slather them with white lithium grease to keep them quiet.

These are the boots that work with the Hotchkis rear links:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sit-rers2
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
I have them both front and back. They make a kit that has them for the front and back for about $150.

I would order them directly from Hotchkiss.

I made the rear the same length as stock. That's not to say I won't lengthen or shorten them at some point.

The front, I made them 3/4 of an inch longer than stock. If you install them at this length when the wheel is off and your on Jack stands, it will look like the link will hit the control arm when you hit a bump. It won't. When you put the tire on the car and take it off jack stands, you'll see what I mean when you look under the car at them.

If your car has over 100k or your getting close, change out your swaybar bushings. You'll have to lower the subframe about 4-6" to change out the rear. It has 4 reverse torque screws holding in place.
Appreciate 0