E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Problems after mapping

07-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Laursdahl
Private
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E92 335D 2006

Problems after mapping

Hello forum..

Got the "D" Mapped 2 days ago..

Mods : Wagner IC, swirl flap delete, Egr race pipe, Red boost pipe.

Results are 363 hp and 737 nm

But the car isnt running as it should when i accelerate hard from 2 gear it goes into 3rd gear and suddenly it kinda hits a limiter and vibrate alot..
Another time i went WOT on the freeway and when the car hits 220 km/h in 5. gear also theres is like a limiter.. could go any faster but did not slow down either.. Second attempt i reached 280 km/h with no problems.

I had no fault codes before the mapping.. But now i do!

That 4a70 code is strange to me..

I contacted the tuner yesterday and told him about the fault codes.. He said that it is a common issue that the EGT sensor goes bad after a map.. I dont know about this but could be plausible .. and the other fault was properly caused by the EGT fault..

So today i went and bought both EGT sensors (OE ofcourse) and because im me the one sensor was easy to change but the other one destroyed the thread So had to pull down the DPF to cut some new thread what a PAIN WHERE THE SUN DOESNT SHINE!!!! Got it all fixed and went for a ride.. The 4A70 code is still there!

Any suggestions on what that is???
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

I dont think I've seen so many codes on at the same time. And I do not buy the EGT sensor story after the tune. I know we are in North America and you are in Europe so there are some variations including the DDE. But it seems strange and no one here had experienced same egt issue over the years. Looks like you had retained your DPF. I may be wrong. But if so, tuning and retaining the DPF seems to notoriously more complicated. Is this a reputable tuner that you had used?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
Laursdahl
Private
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E92 335D 2006

Was at the tuner today.. 2.5 hours of work for him and everything worked.. But now i have 5 hp and 50nm less than before..
Appreciate 0