E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > TestO- Sticky Request

07-17-2017, 05:19 AM   #1
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
TestO- Sticky Request

Why has the download link for TestO not become a Sticky?

It's great software and over the years Pheno has been extremely helpful to the community.

I guess the hard part is deciding where to put the Sticky, It's applicable to so so many platforms and has been used by so many people.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
Cdutch513
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 BMW 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Found this

.. based on EDIABAS API with Qt GUI components. Project started as a sort of proof of concept with text-only output. Then I thought it would be nice to see something graphical too.

To use TestO you will need to install Ediabas or just use the standalone version. Standalone version works without Ediabas.

INPA shows multiple values in one screen but you can't for example see how's your lambda doing because refreshing that many values in one screen is slow. With this program when requesting only for one value at a time the situation is different as lambda voltage value is refreshed more frequently.

You can download the zip from: http://phenoboy.kapsi.fi/testo. Unzip to any folder and just run testo.exe

Standalone version is here: http://phenoboy.kapsi.fi/testo/testo...standalone.zip. Before running check EdiabasLib.config file and change your COM port.

If MSVCP100.dll is missing you can get it by installing Visual Studio C++ redistributable package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555

It supports many engines: M5x,M60,M62,N54,S54, etc.

This program has also file logger that creates a CSV file from selected values.

'Faster live data' is supported for:

MS41,
MS42,
MS43,
ME7.2
MS S50
MS S52
MS S54
DME 3.3.8 (M60) -95 ->
DME 5.21 (M73)
DME 5.28
DME 5.24

It reads '(serial)' at the end of the ecu name which has support for enhanced live data stream.

Program can detect your correct ecu which is suggested.

Detect your ecu from file menu: File->Detect ecu->detect. After successful operation the right ecu will be selected automatically from the list box.

CSV Log taken with the program and shown by Megalogviewer. Acceleration on 3rd gear.

m60_3rd.PNG

data logging bmw testo

DDE's live data logging is also supported. For example dde5 dde4 and dde6 have basic sets to show live data with gauges support.

E34 540i/6:

AEM demo:

PLX demo:

Innovate demo: ( 2005 E46 M3 with a VFE Stage 1 Supercharger upgraded with CSL ECU software )
rjahl996.00