E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > waste gate vacuum line

07-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
RED-d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d Sport, Tuned

waste gate vacuum line

So I thought I would change ALL my vacuum hoses while I had my intake off. Unfortunately I pulled the hose from under the front left side (passenger) of the motor. I think it is the turbo westgate hose. I located a nipple that is facing down toward the ground that may be the wastegate connection. Can anyone confirm that the wastegate vacuum connection faces downward?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 03:19 AM   #2
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Right behind the turbo off a vacuum actuator. Can't 100% remember if it points down. But there is only one connection there. Make sure the remnants of the old line are not left on the nipple. Use silicone grease to help you slip a new line on. It's an awkward spot there.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
RED-d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d Sport, Tuned

Talk about a small move to make a really bad day. I have long thin arms and couldn't reach it. Took me forever to even find it with my borescope. There is absolutely no access to this nipple from underneath the car. If you find yourself in this predicament, here is what I did.
Take a rigid wire and thread it thru your vacuum hose until it's about 1/2 inch from the tip. Then push it onto the nipple from below. Fortunately there is a small space to do this from. Gently pull out the wire taking care to not pull the hose off.
It took me 2 hrs going from "no way, it's impossible" to finally "got it".
Hope this helps the next guy.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #4
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-d View Post
Talk about a small move to make a really bad day. I have long thin arms and couldn't reach it. Took me forever to even find it with my borescope. There is absolutely no access to this nipple from underneath the car. If you find yourself in this predicament, here is what I did.
Take a rigid wire and thread it thru your vacuum hose until it's about 1/2 inch from the tip. Then push it onto the nipple from below. Fortunately there is a small space to do this from. Gently pull out the wire taking care to not pull the hose off.
It took me 2 hrs going from "no way, it's impossible" to finally "got it".
Hope this helps the next guy.
BRILLIANT! Ya know...a video of how you did that would be awesome... would definitely help some people.

Did you consider putting that wire in the nipple first and then run the hose down the wire?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #5
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

I recall doing it with my hands. Yes you do it by feel but it was not that complicated. I use silicone spray grease to slip those hoses on the nipple. Goes like butter.
Appreciate 0