BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Tricks that your pet can do. LIST THEM!

02-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Tricks that your pet can do. LIST THEM!

ok, I ran out of ideas. So far I teached my dog to do the followings:

"Hand": she puts her "hand" on my hand
"down": she lays down like a hungry beast waiting for prey
"stay": no matter what I do, she won't move.
"bang!": I point at her and say "bang", she does a quick roll-over, army style.

Any cool tricks you guys taught your pets? Share!

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
BMWLV
Rep
Drives: 335i holdout

"sit"
"stay"
"right" shakes with right paw
"left" shakes with left paw
"down" She lays down
"speak" she barks
"get the f**k outside" she knows she did something wrong and goes outsides

She's an english buldog, brindle, named Reagan.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

My older dachshund, Dookie, also known as my "tru-solja" and my Jedi Master, has been trained to:

1) Stay - I can tell him to stay and not move even when I toss a steak in front of his feet, or in the middle of a dog park or shopping mall.
2) Roll over
3) Play dead. He will play dead (by lying on his side with a flaccid body *and* tail - most dogs fail to play dead because they wag their tails while laying on the ground) until I tell him to come back to life. If I don't do anything, he'll eventually fall asleep on the floor in his play-dead position.
4) He can shake paws. With my hands or with my foot.
5) He can bark when I tell him to. This was the hardest trick to teach him.
6) He can cry when I tell him to cry. Pretty funny when he does this. He's such an actor.
7) He knows how to sit and lay down flat.
8) He knows how to dance when I tell him too. He stands, gives me both his paws, and dances with me. Not that I dance with my dogs all day long. Come on now, I have a life.
9) He fetches. Literally fetches - I don't give him any mercy, either - I am talking about fetch distances of 50+ yards with a Sling-It. He's seriously a tru solja.
10) Lastly, he knows how to do all of the above with either hand signals/sign language and/or voice command. The hand signal is cool because I can signal him to bark through the window when he's outside and I'm inside watching TV.

My younger dachshund, Moogle, is more stupid. Perhaps he's younger but he's not yet at the stage of Dookie's Jedi Master. Moogle is a Padawan learner. He knows how to lay down, shake paws, and shred rolls of paper towels to tiny bits whenever I'm not home.
      02-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
3) Play dead. He will play dead (by lying on his side with a flaccid body *and* tail - most dogs fail to play dead because they wag their tails while laying on the ground) until I tell him to come back to life. If I don't do anything, he'll eventually fall asleep on the floor in his play-dead position.
9) He fetches. Literally fetches - I don't give him any mercy, either - I am talking about fetch distances of 50+ yards with a Sling-It. He's seriously a tru solja.

My younger dachshund, Moogle, is more stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLV
"get the f**k outside" she knows she did something wrong and goes outsides

this ish is fuuuuuuuuunny and really cute..lol...cant stop laughing..
      02-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
Squawks
United_States
Rep

My solja was so smart that when he was a young puppy, he would piss on the floor and HIDE the puddle of piss by pulling over his puppy bed/cushion to cover up the puddle. I don't even know how many times he got away with this but when I unveiled his scheme, he knew he was in big trouble and ran between his mommy's legs for cover. He thinks he's a smartass...bastard.
      02-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
rtchamberlin
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Jet Blk

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
My lab is 11 mos. old and all he knows how to do is piss me off. His favorite trick is jumping up and latching on to my arm with his 90lb body and huge K9's. He's getting better at it everyday. I do love my dog though. He is actually spending the night at the vet tonight. He got his boys removed today.

Poor guy.
      02-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
LOL!!! Some Good stuff there guys.

As for those of you who trained your dog to bark, how did you do it?
Thats the trick im currently working on, but everytime I try to train her, she looks at me like "Wtf are you trying to do?"

Play-Dead sounds pretty fun. hahahaha

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #8
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtchamberlin
he knows how to do is piss me off. His favorite trick is jumping up and latching on to my arm with his 90lb body and huge K9's. He got his boys removed today.

Poor guy.

man this thread made my day.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #9
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Teaching my dog how to bark was accidental in some ways. Usually my dog is pretty quiet and rarely barks. I began to notice that when he was ~11 months old he would get really hyped up as he sees me pouring him some kibbles in a bowl (for breakfast and dinner). I usuallly pour his food in the bowl on a table and he would run around and start jumping. Then out of nowhere he'd bark, as if he's trying to hurry my ass up. So I exploited this moment and gave him food/treats each time he barked, reinforcing this event with a command (in this case, the word, "bark!"). After a while, I began to teach him sign language in conjunction to the verbal command and he picked up the sign language. Now I can signal him to bark a hundred feet away while he's looking at me from the car and I'm waiting in line to get coffee at a Starbucks.