BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

05-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Mack211
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 - DCT

Car cleaning supplies (not wax) thread...

I didn't see a thread like this so I thought I'd start one. Post links if you got them.

What car cleaning items do you use to wash and dry your car (not wax)? There are enough posts on waxing products...

I personally am looking for a good place to buy some high quality microfiber towels for drying and a non-kink hose (do these even exist?). What soaps and cleaning mits do everyone use?
      05-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack211 View Post
I didn't see a thread like this so I thought I'd start one. Post links if you got them.

What car cleaning items do you use to wash and dry your car (not wax)? There are enough posts on waxing products...

I personally am looking for a good place to buy some high quality microfiber towels for drying and a non-kink hose (do these even exist?). What soaps and cleaning mits do everyone use?
www.detailedimage.com
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Car cleaning products

It's not rocket science, but you want to be pretty careful. I use an exploded tip polyster brush for washing (mine happens to be Macguires), whatever wash soap Costco has, Oxo wheel brush; Griot's Garage wheel cleaner, tire & rubber cleaner, tire & rubber dressing, Speed Shine. Griot's "Finest Water Hose Nozzle & Shut Off Valve" is expensive, but great. I start drying with a California water blade, and finish with Detailer's Paradise purple waffle microfiber. They also have a good glass cleaning microfiber. Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish is great for exhaust tips.

There are thousands of products out there. you just need to try a few and figure out what you like.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/category...car+washing.do

http://www.detailersparadise.com/_sy...qryDefault.asp

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #4
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
A must have for M3 detailing enthusiasts

I received this about 2 weeks ago and it makes washing the car way easier. No more of those random water spots on the wheels or paint. You can even let the car dry in the sun with this water on it. My new routine is to still wipe dry the car but not as much as before because the water leaves no streaks. Here is a description from detailersdomain.com

The DIC-20 provides approximately 300 gallons of mineral-free, de-ionized water based on your input water quality. It consists of two 20 inch de-ionization housings that feature replaceable cartridges that simply slide into the watertight housings. The entire unit is mounted on a powder coated, rust resistant rolling cart that makes it convenient to move into position and store away when finished.

And i use these two to help even more
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
I received this about 2 weeks ago and it makes washing the car way easier. No more of those random water spots on the wheels or paint. You can even let the car dry in the sun with this water on it. My new routine is to still wipe dry the car but not as much as before because the water leaves no streaks. Here is a description from detailersdomain.com

The DIC-20 provides approximately 300 gallons of mineral-free, de-ionized water based on your input water quality. It consists of two 20 inch de-ionization housings that feature replaceable cartridges that simply slide into the watertight housings. The entire unit is mounted on a powder coated, rust resistant rolling cart that makes it convenient to move into position and store away when finished.
Depends on the water quality where you live whether it is worth it. No need here, but I know many areas would benefit from the system.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #6
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
http://www.schumans.com/html/water_filter_prices.html

This is another water filtration system that is significantly more economical than the CRspotless. I have no idea as to the relative performance, however.

As for mitts/microfiber, I bought a $hitload of stuff from www.autogeek.net -- I like the MF mitts, waffle towels, etc. I am a Zaino guy so I have Zaino wash soap, two of the Zaino wash buckets with grit guards, etc.
Appreciate 0