E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Red Service Light and Red Brake Light Symbol with -20 miles

08-06-2017, 06:01 AM   #1
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Red Service Light and Red Brake Light Symbol with -20 miles

Hi All,
Just out of the blue yesterday I had a few warnings, one with the car on the ramp, service in red and rear brake symbol showing -20 miles. The brakes appear Okay, fluid is okay so could it be the sensor knackered or someone forgot to reset after pad changes? The pads look pretty good with a bit of meat on them.

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
Benskett
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330D LCI

You can reset it, just check on YouTube for the correct way to do it.
If it doesn't work it probably means the wear markers are damaged or were not replaced when the pads were.
You can either get new markers or just cut the ends off, twist the cables together and reset.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 11:06 AM   #3
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benskett View Post
You can reset it, just check on YouTube for the correct way to do it.
If it doesn't work it probably means the wear markers are damaged or were not replaced when the pads were.
You can either get new markers or just cut the ends off, twist the cables together and reset.
Hi mate,

thanks for the reply, I was going to have a closer inspection of the pads and sensors and little did I know by handbrake doesn't work :O.. I found out after jacking the car up and it rolled off, thankfully the wheel was still on haha.

So I'll have the car up today at some stage but use some axle stands and see if I can adjust the rear shoes and have a look properly at the pads and sensor.
Appreciate 0