E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Rockauto Radiator help 😫

08-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
Demid
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Rockauto Radiator help 😫

Hi guys and gals ! Hoping you wonderfull pepole can shed some keyboard knowledge too me. Welp! Here goes, i bought a 06 330i early this year as a DD and its been a fun ride. A week into me owning it, the water pump took a poop and was fixed by the stealership at no cost to me ..No problems since but about 2 weeks ago the car started to smell of unburnt fuel on the drivers rear wheel area. I dug into it and it was leaking out of the fuel regulator witch i belive thats what is called. Then about a week ago the car started to spill its coolant guts allover my clean driveway..so i was done and figured I'd take it to the stealership to get it fixed. My first intention was to get the fuel leak fixed and ill handle the coolant. But they called me back and told me to fix both issues it would come out to 1.5k So i told them to just fix the leak and I'll handle the radiator. Now i been shopping around and found that autozone has them for $175 before taxes. Then i looked at rock auto and they have the exact same brand radiator for $75 less. So after this long and tedious read my question is? Has anyone used the radiators offered at rockauto? also, what does it mean by "w/o sensor port build into the core"..?They both look identical. Would it be bad to get it without the sensor port?.. do we need it? The autozone one dont say anything regarding it. I'm yet to examine my radiator because its currently at ford getting fixed. Now for those that are thinking "how does he know its his radiator w/o examining it " welp the ford tech dude showed me where at. One more thing what are youre experiences from that site?...Anyy advice will be greatly apreciated, thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
kkasson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 08 BMW 528i

RockAuto is a great site, but Spectra is not a good brand. I'd suggest the Hella one, I believe they make the OE part for BMW. It's only $21 more.

W/o sensor probably refers to the fact that SULEV models (328i with the N51 engine) have a special radiator that clean the air passing through it, with a sensor built in to monitor that. So it's saying that it's the normal radiator for the non-SULEV models. All 330i were non-SULEV, so that's the one you want.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 06:05 AM   #3
simon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Montego Blue 328i

I got a BEHR radiator from FCP Euro for about $150 shipped. I thought BEHR was OEM, but I could be wrong. Fitment was perfect

Simon
Appreciate 0