E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need a front driveshaft where should I buy?

08-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Need a front driveshaft where should I buy?

Hey guys, I need to find a front driveshaft for my 2009 335i xDrive ASAP! I do not want to spend $1000 on a new OEM one and I don't really want to take the chance of buying a used OEM one. So does anyone know where I can find a reputable aftermarket one or a rebuilt Oem one? Please any answers will help thank you!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Anybody? Only aftermarket one on finding right now is the brand Dorman.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
Tallgeese179
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnhogue7
I bought front axles from a salvage yard in central PA. Their name is Webber Brothers and the axles can come with a year warranty for ~$20. About the same price as the Chinese AutoZone/online ones but they're the original MFG. It was of a 30K mile xDrive and they've been fine so far.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #4
tylerboland01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnhogue7 View Post
I'd avoid Dorman, we sell some of their shit where I work and qaulity is pretty subpar. And most of it is for old fords and chevy' s, so I can only image it's going to be worse for a modern-ish German car.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #5
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallgeese179 View Post
I bought front axles from a salvage yard in central PA. Their name is Webber Brothers and the axles can come with a year warranty for ~$20. About the same price as the Chinese AutoZone/online ones but they're the original MFG. It was of a 30K mile xDrive and they've been fine so far.
Dude, you are a life saver!!! Weber Brothers Auto is awesome, not only did I find an OEM driveshaft that was on the cheaper side, I bought the 1 year warranty they offer, it will be here in a day, and all of this (driveshaft, warranty, and shipping) for $200! I will deff be referring the to others on this site and else where!!!! Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #6
Tallgeese179
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnhogue7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallgeese179 View Post
Dude, you are a life saver!!! Weber Brothers Auto is awesome, not only did I find an OEM driveshaft that was on the cheaper side, I bought the 1 year warranty they offer, it will be here in a day, and all of this (driveshaft, warranty, and shipping) for $200! I will deff be referring the to others on this site and else where!!!! Thanks again!
No prob, glad I could help. I was in the same situation and almost just went with a cheap Chinese version. Canceled the order last minute and went with Webber Bros. Their service is great regarding price/shipping/packaging.

Just to clarify, you're replacing the actual front driveshaft or the half shafts leading to the wheels?
Appreciate 0